cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

installing ipbase ios on a ipservice switch?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a switch with a ipservices ios , the problem is i don't have credentials to download the newer ipservices ios , can i install the ipbase instead on the switch or it would cause issues? the switch is C3560-48PS

3 Replies 3

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you don't have an entitlement to install "IP Services" then you wont have an entitlement to install "IP Base" either.

Never tried downgrading the IOS myself.  Not sure of the end result.

Make sure you DO have a copy of the config of the switch - always good practice anyway; but downgrading has a much higher than normal risk of wiping the config.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

On a 3560, configuration features, that are not supported in the downgraded IOS, just don't function, or, I believe I recall, appear in the running config.  If you not using any of those features, you won't notice a functional difference.

BTW, I also recall the original 3560/3750 switches had lifetime software and hardware warranties, although I also think I recall, Cisco later changed that.  If you're the original purchaser of the 3560, you might check with Cisco and ask about lifetime software support.  Otherwise, as Philip mentioned, if you cannot download the IP Services image, that normally implies you cannot download an IPBase version either.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card