Views
Helpful
Replies

start a job after midnight when the parent job starts before midnight

Leneva L
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a job group that starts at 7:00 pm [Time Window - 7:00 PM - 5:00 PM (next day) ] every night. There are two jobs in this group and both start at 7:00 pm. Now I have a new requirement to add a job in the same group which must run at 6:00 AM . Logically speaking 6:00AM is with in the time window. but Tidal does not allow me to create a new job at 6:00 AM. Please advise how this can be achieved.

2 Replies 2

Derrick Au
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sherin,

Interesting requirement, but give this a try:

Job Group starts at 19:00

Job A starts at 19:00

Job B start at 19:00

>> NEW Job C trigger job that sleeps X number of seconds until 06:00 but schedule this job to run before midnight, but do not schedule an end time window and make sure that the Disable Carryover option is unchecked. For example, if the starting time window is 23:00 then it should sleep for 25200 seconds (7 hours)

>> NEW Job D [starts at 06:00] do not specify start time window and end time window, but add a job dependency on successful completion of Job C and make sure that the Disable Carryover option is unchecked

BR,

Derrick Au

Maximilian Gallagher
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a parent within range of 7pm to 7am and you schedule a child job for 3am, it should let you. This reminds me of an old bug we had. Go ahead and open up an SR with TAC, or patch to the latest and this will get resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: