cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CCX 8.5.1 - Cisco Agent Desktop has stopped working

rossporubski
Level 4
Level 4

Hello, I have an agent who's CAD will stop working and close at minimum twice a day.

She stated a call will come in and she'll answer. Her CAD will gray out, freeze and a message will popup, (below screenshot). She won't lose the call but when she completes the call CAD will terminate and will not reopen. She has to double click the desktop shortcut or go through the start menu to reopen. She seems to be the only one this is happening to.

Thank you, any help is greatly appreciated.

terminate

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I believe since we use custom icon buttons on that particular workflow, it was creating the problems being experienced in CAD. I don't believe uninstall/reinstall was the actual fix.Once I changed the settings to normal in preferences the issues stopped.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you please check if you are running the correct version of CAD as per your UCCX version. Please note that CAD should be running one of the below verisons as per UCCX version:

8.5.1.417 - For 8.5(1) SU4
8.5.1.312 - For 8.5(1) SU3
8.5.1.214 - For 8.5(1) SU2
8.5.1.111 - For 8.5(1) SU1
8.5.1.39 - For 8.5(1)

In case if the version is mismatch then uninstall CAD completely from the PC, download the plugin from UCCX again and then reinstall.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak, we all have the same version

vers

Is the agent part of same workflow group, CSQ, team, FW, Domain policy etc as other working agents are. If not, then try to configure him the same way as others and if it works then try to find the anomalies with his/her configuration. If yes, then go for a re installation of CAD and then check

Regards

Deepak

She is part of a workflow that all of our product support team members are using. Same with the CSQ. No software has been installed recently on her computer. I'm going to have HD do an uninstall and re-install and see if that fixes it.

Sure try that and update accordingly before we can jump in the logs.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak, we uninstalled, deleted all CAD related folders then re-installed. Now when she clicks on workflow buttons it freezes up and closes. I did notice her icons aren't the normal Windows 100% size. They appear to be 125%. The problem is there is no option to change preferences so she couldn't have changed the size setting in the CAD window. When I check Control Panel>Display, her size setting is at 100%.

If you scroll up and look at the original post you'll see her icons are larger than normal but her Windows system settings say otherwise. Could she have changed it somewhere else?

I set up the same workflow in my test agent CAD and you can see my icons are normal size. Can Screen resolution size screw up CAD similarly to Windows default display settings?

The preferences button was on there after all. After I restarted her computer I was able to click it and change the icon settings to normal.

Ok that is great. So had the issue been resolved or not after the upgrade.

Regards

Deepak

I believe since we use custom icon buttons on that particular workflow, it was creating the problems being experienced in CAD. I don't believe uninstall/reinstall was the actual fix.Once I changed the settings to normal in preferences the issues stopped.

Adding to my previous response, please check for any Program that might have installed on her PC as well that could be causing a conflict with CAD. In case, she is using wireless connection to connect the PC then try him/her on a wired connection.

Regards

Deepak