cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I upgraded from IP base to IP services. (3560X-24T-S)

Soon Kwan Kwon
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I've just upgraded from IP base to IP services.

But, when checking the "sh ver", "sh lic", I found something issues.

1. show version
Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image
------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
* 1 54 WS-C3560X-48 12.2(55)SE10 C3560E-IPBASEK9-M <--?

2. show license
Switch#sh lic
Index 1 Feature: ipservices
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Priority: Medium
License Count: Non-Counted

Index 2 Feature: ipbase <--??
Period left: 0 minute 0 second
Index 3 Feature: lanbase
Period left: 0 minute 0 second

As you can see the commands, there is "ipbase"...

Is this switch operate to IP services?... or IP base..

Even though I upgraded to IP services, I doubt it's pertinent operation as ipservices switch?...

Regards,

SK.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Even though the IP Services license PAK is activated, the command compatible with IP Services feature set is not enabled when IP Base IOS is used therefore there is a requirement to upgrade the appliance to run/load the "universal" IOS.  

Upgrade to 12.2(55)SE10.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Upgrade the IOS using the "universal" filename.  

Next, under the first license, look at the "Period Left" and it shows the IP Services is "lifetime" (good".  The IP base has a "0".   

Hello Leo, thank you for your kind answer.

but, I didn't understand your first sentence - "Upgrade the IOS using the "universal" filename"

Does it mean that I should upgrade IOS to universal? Not ipservices?

I think E version is ipservies... not universal.

Could you explain more specifically?

Regards,

SK.

c3560e-ipbasek9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin

This is the IOS filename the 3560X is running on, IP Base. 

To run IP Services, the appliance must be running a "universal" filename like this:  

c3560e-universalk9-mz.122-55.SE10.bin

Thank you Leo,

So.. you mean that I have to upgrade IOS to "universal" even though I upgraded license to ipservices!!

Have a good day:)

Even though the IP Services license PAK is activated, the command compatible with IP Services feature set is not enabled when IP Base IOS is used therefore there is a requirement to upgrade the appliance to run/load the "universal" IOS.  

Upgrade to 12.2(55)SE10.

Excellent ! 

Thank you Leo!

Have a good day~:)

Hi Leo!!

I have 2 IOS like below.

Do I upgrade IOS by using these one?

Regards,

SK.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

The 3560X isn't like the earlier 3560/3560G.  IOS images comes in two basic feature sets, IPBase image only supports IPBase features, regardless of license; universal image supports IPBase or IPServices, depending on license.

Hi Joseph. 

Thank you for reply.

I doubt if I understood properly your opinion.

You said : "The 3560X isn't like the earlier 3560/3560G"

Can you explain more..?

Thank you.

SK.

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting offers the information contained within this posting without consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose. Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind. Usage of this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In no event shall Author be liable for any damages wha2tsoever (including, without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or profit) arising out of the use or inability to use the posting's information even if Author has been advised of the possibility of such damage.

Posting

Legally, you need a license for your feature set, regardless of the 3560/3750 model.

Technically, the original series didn't enforce the license, you were on the "honor" system.  The X series, enforces the license.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card