Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX license, hardware, software selection

mohsin majeed
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

1- I am trying to prepare BoM for one of the customers. i am stuck on the below points.

2- I have added UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S server in BoM; would VM/ESXi/Vsphere/SQL be already installed/licensed or we need to add separately.

3- can we install all the apps i.e UCCX, CR, AQM and WFM on the same UCUCS-EZ-C220M3S hardware.

4- I read this statement "CR just call recording, QM is call recording and quality management, AQM is call recording, quality management and screen recording" does this mean that if we need call recording, quality management and screen recording we only need to buy AQM licenses and not need for CR and QM licenses? Also do we need media for all RC, AQM and WFM?

5- Other than cisco products regarding UCCX, CR, AQM and , do we need to order Windows Server PC to support these WFO applications in any case? Or there is any requirement of Windows server in the whole uccx deployment

6- Attached is the BoM; can you plz point out what is missing or what is wrong. Are the media and licenses correct?

7- I added two UCS server options; which one is correct? having big price difference.

Anything else you can suggest

BoM which i prepared is attached please help me to correct it.
Thanks
1 Reply 1

Sami Ahmad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

2- VM/ESXi/Vpshere/SQL will be pre-installed or pre-activated on UCS C220 (Cisco Collaboration OVF templates are pre-loaded only UCS BE6000 M & H servers) [Not sure if BE7000M & H also have the same, as I haven't worked on them yet]

You can go to tools.cisco.com/ucs and make use of VM placement tool.

3. Yes, you can refer this URL for hardware and software ompatibility

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_in_a_Virtualized_Environment#How_To

4. Cisco likes to confuse customers/partners with ever changing names. As far as I have known, QM/AQM is call recording and quality management (screen recording licenses are purchased separately) Yes, you will need only AQM and WFM. Regarding media, it is recommended to order if you do not have verified media beforehand.

5. Yes, you will need Windows 2012 server 64-bit R2 for AQM base and recording. It comes down to your requirement of how many agents you have. If you are planning to build Base and Recording servers separately or not. You will need MS SQL 2012 as well.

6. There is difference between the servers you have added. BE6M has limited resources compared to UCS C220 M3S

Refer this URL for more information on the UCS hardware, before you chose one.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/UC_Virtualization_Supported_Hardware#C220_M3S_.28SFF.29_TRC.231

Also from BoM I see you have included, WFM, AQM and CR all separately. You will need to figure out first, how many agents you have and perform a survey of existing environment before getting into creating a BoM.

Sami

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: