cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASR9K| packet drop when pinging next hop provider.

Hello Guys,

I have a ASR9k and one of its interface connected to provider BT. multiple subinterface and corresponding VRFs are configured on this 10G link.

The issue is: when I am pinging the next-hop (BT interface ip address) with count 1000 and mtu size 1500 I am getting a patterned drop and  98% success. this 2% packet drop is affecting the voice traffic over it.

My MTU configured as 8900 and BT mtu configured as 9058, and as there is no over traffic hence I don't think the configured Qos policy is applying on traffic.

Userend to server the pinging is fine but still I am getting 2% drop on point to point pinging on provider link, can you please give some idea about this to resolve ? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

i think this is expected. SInce this is a patterned drop, this indicates that there is traffic is being rate-limited or some kind of CoPP coming into play.

In IOS XR, LPTS is playing that role. It is possibly rate limiting the traffic since the ping packets are destined towards the CPU.

You may refer to the below document by Xander:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/93456/asr9000xr-local-packet-transport-services-lpts-copp

Hope this clarifies

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

i think this is expected. SInce this is a patterned drop, this indicates that there is traffic is being rate-limited or some kind of CoPP coming into play.

In IOS XR, LPTS is playing that role. It is possibly rate limiting the traffic since the ping packets are destined towards the CPU.

You may refer to the below document by Xander:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/93456/asr9000xr-local-packet-transport-services-lpts-copp

Hope this clarifies

Regards

Vinit

Thanks
--Vinit

Thanks Vinit, Perfectly said, I have checked with BT and they accepted that there is COPP inbound to their system

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: