Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5506x no longer shows the "ASA FirePower..." tab under Configuraton

I used to be able to view the "ASA FirePOWER" tab on the bottom left hand side of the Configuration once I log in to ASDM however, now it disappeared. I cannot see the 3 tabs anymore (see attached).

I can still log in to the FirePOWER using putty and the SFR module shows it's Up.

Mod SSM Application Name Status SSM Application Version
---- ------------------------------ ---------------- --------------------------
sfr    ASA FirePOWER           Up       5.4.1-211

Mod Status Data Plane Status Compatibility
---- ------------------ --------------------- -------------
1    Up Sys  Not Applicable
sfr  Up         Up

Please assist.  Thank you in advance!

Lysida

19 Replies 19

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there, quick question: Are you also managing the FirePOWER module via FireSIGHT Management Center?

If yes, that would be the reason why you can no longer manage it via ASDM. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi Neno,

To answer your question, No, I am not managing the FirePOWER module via FireSIGHT.  I am only managing it via ASDM.

Thanks!

Hello Iysida,

Could you please verify that you finished the sfr installation with both pkg and .img files.

If so , as a next step could you please check, if the ASA FirePOWER Status tab is present by clicking the Home icon in the ASDM .

Is t only the ASA FirePOWER Reporting tab and the ASA FirePOWER Dashboard are missing ?

Regards

Jetsy 

I completed the SFR installation by following the instructions on the Cisco quick guide.  I also configured the ASA FirePOWER Module and installed the license.  

So I logged in to ASDM and it was showing the ASA FirePOWER Status only.  I can't see the ASA FirePOWER Reporting/Dashboard.

Thanks!

Can you confirm that you can console via ssh into the sfr module address from the host from which you are running ASDM?

If you can, please share the output of "show managers" from the module. That will check to make sure a FireSIGHT Manager has not been inadvertently configured.

Hi Marvin,

I can telnet to the FirePOWER module.

I did a "show managers" from the module and the outcome is "No managers configured".

Thanks,

Lysida

Hello Iysida,

Thanks for the confirmation.

As I guessed , you are seeing only the ASA Firepower Status tab but no any 

ASA FirePOWER Reporting/Dashboard. I have seen this scenario before. Its not the fault with your SFR installation.

In your case ,first verify that the user id has at least privilege 15.  The user id needs high enough privilege to access the FirePOWER components.

Note:- Username created by default without explicitly configuring the privilege command would be "2".

Next thing to do is to click on the ASA FirePOWER Status tab.  Verify that the ASA FirePOWER module's state is Up.  If it is not, than you will need to log onto the ASA device to restart the module.  It is possible that the module is still re-starting.  When it is in the Up state, you will need to restart ASDM to display the tabs.

It is also possible that the FirePOWER module is unreachable because it is behind a NAT device.  At startup, ASDM will display a dialog to enter the FirePOWER's IP and port numbers.

Entering the correct IP and Port numbers will display the missing tabs.

Note: Entering an invalid but working IP and Port number will cause the tabs to still be missing.  An example of this would be entering the IP and Port of a different ASA FirePOWER installed on a different ASA.

Rate if answer helps you.

Regards

Jetsy 

Hi Jetsy,

You are correct, I can see the "Status" tab only.

-I also checked to make sure that my privilege is set to 15 (I also tried to log in using "enable_15" but the "tabs" still doesn't come up.

-I also checked the FirePOWER module's state, it is "UP".

-When logged in to ASDM, it connects to the FirePOWER login so I didn't have any issue with the IP and Port number.  I set it to port 443.

So the funny thing happen today, I just logged in to ASDM and see all 3 tabs!  I can see the ASA FirePOWER Configuration tab too!  Not sure what fixed this!

On another hand, the secondary ASA (same model) I configured the same time as this one doesn't connect to the FirePOWER.  So I'll probably post a question about this.

Thank you!

Hello Iysida,

Glad to know that my answer helped you. This kind of missing tabs  behavior is only to do with the user permissions.I hope everything works fine for you now.

Feel free to post if you have any further questions.

Rate the helpful posts and if you think my answer helped you.

Regards

Jetsy

Hi Jetsy,

I forgot to add that 2 days ago, while still researching for a resolution for my ASA issue, I logged in to the ASDM.  I see NO tabs except the ASA FirePOWER Status only so I logged off.  I telnet to the ASA and connect to the FirePOWER Module then logged off and log back in to ASDM.  Right after I did that, I saw all the tabs back.  

Not sure if connecting to the FirePOWER Module brought all the tabs back or something else.  I'll have to investigate.

Thanks!

Lysida

Hello Lysida,

This may be possible that the reboot has resolved the issue .

Regards

Jetsy

Hi Jetsy,

Hmm, it might have but at least it's working now.

Hi Jetsy,

Your comments are useful and helpful. But now I am still facing problems that i cannot see Firepower module management and configuration tab on ASDM.

===================================================

Condition is :

Firewall Mode = Transparent

SFR module = UP

Username and password created with Priv 15.

BVI IP (192.168.0.250/24) and SFR Management IP(192.168.0.249/24) , I can ping from my PC (192.168.0.10/24) to each IP.

Management port is UP.

Internet is reach at SFR module console.

=======================================

Another troubleshooting point have to do on my ASA ?

I am willing to receive your comments soon.

Thanks,

Martin

Jetsy Mathew
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Iysida,

What is the ASA model that you use ?

Is it a kenton box ?

What are the recent changes that you have done ? Any major upgrade ?

Are you using ASDM to manage the Firepower from initially or do you also have a Firesight Management Center ?

Regards

Jetsy 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card