cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I can't access/connect to my SLM2048 Switch via WebGUI at all??

vich.martins
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there guys, I'm a newby in the Networking field so please help if you can? 

I'm currently setting up a SLM2048 Swtich on my home network, it has only one computer connected to and an a active Comcast Modem. I have the Modem on Port 1 and my computer on Port 2 I initially turned it on and waited for the self test to finish and then plugged CAT6s to it then to each device. 

This device does not seem to have any console ports?? the back only has the power outlet
even if you had to use console cable I would not be able to because I just don't have one available???

I read the manual and it had initially asked me to configure the switch via the address http://192.168.1.254 however my network is on a Comcast/Xfinity address default gateway of 10.0.0.1

my subnet is 255.255.255.0 but my device is 10.0.0.24 (Static)

I try to log onto the switch but just times out and I cant connect to it via Google Chrome, So I try Edge, Firefox, and Opera, none of them work

I tried setting a static IP specifically but that didnt work, I searched everywhere and people have been saying that I'm under a different subnet, however I went to Command Prompt and types "ipconfig /all" and I could see another subnet just the the standard 255.255.255.0??

Other say its because DHCP is active however I also checked on ipconfig and on the option "DHCP Enabled" it says No??

I looked in my router

I was wondering if the DDNS Server has any interference with this by any chance?? it does show these strange numbers like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4??

I do use a No-IP Free ddns service but I was just curious I really dont know?? 

I really have no idea on how to continue??? I'm just trying to learn and configure a switch but I cant seemed to do it? Can anyone help me please??

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X