Views
Helpful
Replies

TMS 13.2 Administartive tools

SAIFUDEEN C .K
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

I have installed TMS 13.2 on a windows 2008 R2 server and SQL 2008.

I have configured SQL and can able to access TMS web page now.

I am not getting the option, Administrative tools.Seems like I dont have the privilege for that.

I have logged in with the default system administrator account.(please see the attached)

Can you please let me know how can I provide the access to the Admin account to see the 'administrative tools'.

Regards,

Saifudeen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The very first user to login after TMS is installed automatically becomes an administrator and has full access to the web interface.  If you're not the first person to login after installing TMS, can you try to login with the account that did.

If you don't have access to the account that first accessed TMS or no other account has ever logged in besides the one you're using, you could use SQL Management Studio to edit the database and give yourself administrator access to the web interface.

1. Open table dbo.AclUser, and write down the Id number of the account in question.
  2. Edit table dbo.AclUserGroup, insert the Id number from above under AclUser_Id, and insert "1" under AclGroup_Id (1 is the group Id for Site Administrators).

Example:

• dbo.AclUser
    • Id = 1003
    • UserName = TMS\Administrator
  • dbo.AclUserGroup
    • AclUser_Id = 1003
    • AclGroup_Id = 1

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

vivekksi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As per snapshot it seems that account used either has custom permission set or is it just Video administrator instead of site administrator.

Could you verify account permission by logging in TMS with site administrator.

Thanks,

Vivek

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The very first user to login after TMS is installed automatically becomes an administrator and has full access to the web interface.  If you're not the first person to login after installing TMS, can you try to login with the account that did.

If you don't have access to the account that first accessed TMS or no other account has ever logged in besides the one you're using, you could use SQL Management Studio to edit the database and give yourself administrator access to the web interface.

1. Open table dbo.AclUser, and write down the Id number of the account in question.
  2. Edit table dbo.AclUserGroup, insert the Id number from above under AclUser_Id, and insert "1" under AclGroup_Id (1 is the group Id for Site Administrators).

Example:

• dbo.AclUser
    • Id = 1003
    • UserName = TMS\Administrator
  • dbo.AclUserGroup
    • AclUser_Id = 1003
    • AclGroup_Id = 1