cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prme template question

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

I am a very new user to prime and am just starting to get into creating templates so have two questions.

1) Can anyone recommend a reference source to help me understand the programming side of the templates. I have been going through the pre-canned templates and it looks straight forward to a point but need a bit more explanation on the syntax stuff.

2) This may be because I do not have a firm handle on question #1. How do I get the template to save the config after making a change? I created a basic template to do a no username and it is successful. When I look at the running config it is gone. When I look at the startup config though it is sill there. I have tried several different combinations that I thought should work but keep getting a failure. In looking through the pre-canned templates none of these seem to have a method to save the config either. 

Brent

2 Replies 2

Dhammike
Level 1
Level 1

Hi bberry,

For your Q2, you can simply tick "Copy Running Config to Startup" under the job options on template deployment wizard. 

HTH

Dhammike.

I must be missing something as I do not have that option. I am using deploy - Configuration Tasks - my templates - selecting my test template - then deploy on menu bar. I then have device selection - value assignment and schedule boxes for options.

Brent