Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet size setting

Hi all , 

I just configured the the ICMP-Jitter in my Cisco switch .. My problem i can't set the size of packet .. So is there any way to add size to the packet like 1500 , 5000 and so .  Your advice is highly appreciated .. Thanks in-advance ..

Kind Regards 

7 Replies 7

Kindly, Any update ? Thanks in advance 

PLz No one can advice in this issue .. Thanks 

Carlos Villagran
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi!

You mean, you configured an IP SLA with a ICMP-Jitter probe and want to know how to specify size of the icmp packets?

Sorry, the post is not really clear.

Best regards!

JC

Yes that's right .. I  configured an IP SLA with a ICMP-Jitter probe.. But i cant specify the packet size such as 1500 , 5000 and so. 

In UDP-Jitter there is option called requested-size which specify the packet size .. In ICMP-Jitter i can't found  like this command .. So any way can using to specify the packet size in icmp-jitter .. Thanks in advance .. 

Hi!

What router are you using? As far as I am concerned, there is no ICMP jitter SLA, you can specify the packet size with the  requested-size feature but using ICMP-echo option. 

There is no point in doing an ICMP Jitter feature since as far as I understand, almost all jitter-sensitive traffic is UDP.

Hope it helps, best regards!

JC

maxrodri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Tareq,

Instead of use IP SLA ICMP-Jitter, you might try withIP SLA ICMP Echo which include a command called "request-data-size":

(Optional) Sets the protocol data size in the payload of an IP SLAs operation's request packet.

Example:

Device(config-ip-sla-echo)# request-data-size 64 

I couldn't find if the switch can or can't support this IP SLA mode.

Refer to the link below:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipsla/configuration/15-mt/sla-15-mt-book/sla_icmp_echo.html

Maxrodri, Thanks for your replay .. yes you are right, but the ip sla echo just an show the delay parameters..  I want also show the packet loss for my network , So  the suitable IP SLA is ICMP-Jitter .... but my problem here i can't specify the packet size .. So is there any chance or not .. Thanks in advance ...

Kind Regards, 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: