Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RTMT error: not viewing messages details

I just got the real traces from RTMT software, but I can only view the call diagram. When I try to view the details messages, the RTMT doesn´t issue them. The hyperlinks don´t work.

RTMT module 9.1(001)

UCM 9.1.2

18 Replies 18

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please enable this and also make sure SIP traces are enabled from servicability.thanks

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12705091/taking-sip-call-trace-cisco-unified-cm-using-rtmt

Hi Friends,

I just enabled the ntp status and traces on UCM server, but the problem didn´t fix. I have two UCM servers with the same problem. My problem is the detail messages hiperlynks are not working properly on RTMT. 

Hey Claudio,

You have to first select a atrribute from the SIP call diagram .

Example if you click on 200 okay mesage then only these view  sip messages log populates

It will not poluplate if you are going to click on them directly.This is the way it works .thanks.

Hi Deepak. Thanks you for your response, but I think you didn´t understand my issue.

I´m trying to do click in the three hyperlinks of the Analyze Call Diagram (View Messages Details, View Deatiled SIP Mesages and View Messages in log files) and not, for example on 200 Okay mesage. The hyperlinks were working properly two month ago, but now they don´t work anymore and I don´t know why.

Hi Claudio,

I understand what you are saying,please check with Cisco TAC and i believe they will confirm my point .thanks

Deepak,

How did you get the message detail of your screenshot? Did you click on the hyperlinks (blue color)?

My hyperlinks don´t work.

I have been trying to explain the same thing.

When you first select a message in SIP Call flow diagram then only it will polulate the messages in hyperlink window.

If you directly click hyperlink, it will not work.Thanks

Thank you for your response, now I understood you told me last time. However the RTMT doesn´t show any mesages in the Analyze Call Diagram window. I went for a call and the diagram is shown properly on it, but the detail messages don´t issue on the window as you told me. If you can see the attach screenshot, the window says you should click on the message hyperlink if you want to get and see the SIP messages. 

I attach the screenshot, so you can check it. 

Syed
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Deepak,

I also have similar issue, I have followed the above URL posted by you.

please find the attachment and assist.

Thank you

Hello Syed,

looks like you are not getting any results for that time frame you put in.

You can check time on CUCM - utils ntp status  and use the same timeframe to pull the logs.

If you have enabled traces as per the doc , It could  be you are not using correct timeframe for the query , also whatever time you have put in( 20:07 in your case)  RTMT will show 30 mins prior logs to that timeframe as it works backwards.thanks

Yes, you are absolutely correct, there was timeframe mismatch.

NTP status did help, thank you so very much Deepak.

Sorry to interrupt Claudio Quiroz but I have 2 questions to Deepak regarding call diagram and will not disturb you. Thank you

1. My cipc is registered with subscriber CUCM (10.130.209.10) but in call diagram why communication is happening with PUB (10.130.200.10)?
  2. Since, I am calling outside; CUCM should be sending INVITE message to the Voice Gateway but what I am seeing is the INVITE message is received from Voice Gateway?

Please find the attached call diagram and help me understand this.

CUCM PUB IP: 10.130.200.10

Voice Gateway: 10.130.200.41

1) You may not have checked "Run on all nodes " on SIP trunk.

2) Ideally, yes if CUCM phone is calling out you should see the invite going out to GW.Can you double check if you are looking at correct call.Also make sure phone is regisereted to CUCM .

Thanks

Hi Deepak,

"Run on all nodes" was unchecked, I have now checked it and tested again but it is still the same.

And also there is no change in the call diagram, is there anything else to be looked at?

Hi syed,

Did you reset the trunk after the changes. 

please do so in order for this to take affect.thanks