Views
Helpful
Replies

Busy tone when calling to a 7821 even though there is no active call

kilias
Level 4
Level 4

Dear All

I have been facing a problem for about a month now.

I have a customer who has 3 interconnected CME's using WAN/DSL lines. Two of them are CME ver 10.5 and the HQ is ver 10.0.

All 3 CME's have 7821 phones (except the receptionist in the HQ who has a 7941 running SCCP firmware). I have managed to connect

- using dial-peers and tunnels - all phones from all 3 CME's so  every phone from all CME's are able to reach every other remote IP phone by calling a prefix (5) plus the number of the extension. So far so good.. However, if an "intra" phone call is in progress, and one of the two parties decides to transfer the call to another local extension - if my research so far is correct - the dial-peer stays active and the phone that made the transfer cannot receive any more calls, although no active call is in progress. Please help because the client is calling every day

and asking me to reset any stuck phone in order for that particular to be able to receive calls again. The problem is that they are using this intra-calling feature a lot because these calls are free for them. I am attaching the configuration of the HQ CME and the debug when  did some test calls

from extension 103 to extension 117 (getting busy tone).

There is one more thing I would like to ask which i noticed some days ago.

While the test was done with called number 117, the sip INVITE has 1@XXX.XXX.XXX.

Can anybody explain why? Does it affect the above issue?

Thank you in advance

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: