Views
Helpful
Replies

Telepresence EX90 only sending 720×480@15.0 video

Fuubbbbbb
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have an Tandberg ex90 and it seems it only sends video at 720×480@15.0.

I checked the sdp sent and it is using profile-level-id=428016 only.

Shouldn't the ex90 send video at 720p/30fps at least? What am I missing? Can this be a bug?

Thanks for your time,

Fuub

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

To send 720p30, you would need to connect at minimum 1152 call rate or higher, and will depend on the video profile the endpoint is configured to use, the default is normal.  Refer to the table under "OptimalDefinition Profile" in the EX Series 7.3 Admin Guide on pg 108.

Can you tell us more about how you're connecting to the other endpoint, H323/SIP, call rate, etc?

I'm connecting to a SIP external MCU, I set the call rate to the max 6000kb/s and the OptimalDefinition Profile is in High as the Video Input Source 3 Quality is Sharpness.

Have you tried calling anything else? Some test endpoints on the internet maybe?

I'm gonna try to call to my phone.

Also it seems although the call rate is set to 6000kb/s it doesn't go past 1000kb/s, no idea why... 

edit: oh wait with movement it goes up to 3000kb/s so that isn't the problem..

Another factor could be the call rate of the other device and it's bandwidth, it might not be capable of accepting a 720p30 video stream.

Another thing to check would be any CapsetFilters that may have been applied to the endpoint.  They're not there by default, but could have been put there as part of other troubleshooting by someone (Note: these could also have been applied at the other end too).

You could also try a factory reset on the device and reconfiguring the few settings that are required for SIP or H.323 standalone.

What software version are you running on the EX90?  Is it a recent version (TC7.3.6), or an older version?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Are you registered to CUCM?  If so, you could be using the default region settings which only allow for 384Kbps of video bandwidth.

I'm not registered to CUCM, I'm making a direct SIP call to an external MCU.