Views
Helpful
Replies

HWIC-4ESW module configuration

Nightwolf_82
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

There are two offices on the diagram, head office and branch office. In head office there are CUCM server with DHCP service for VOICE subnets. In branch office the HWIC-4ESW module is installed, with and IP phone connected to that module. This phone should be configured by CUCM servers in the head office. It is clear with physical switch in the head office. IP phones have their own VLAN 192.168.20.0/24, and IP HELPER is configured on f0/0.20 interface pointing on CUCM servers. However, it's not clear how to configure HWIC-4ESW module to make the IP phone in the branch office to connect the CUCM servers in the head office. 

I would highly appreciate if someone could help me to clarify this issue.

3 Replies 3

pwwiddicombe
Level 4
Level 4

You need to have vlan(s) created at the remote site, and ports in the 4esw assigned to the vlan, as you probably have in the head office.  Not sure if the 4esw provides PoE or not.

Yes, it does. I have ILPM module on my HWIC-4ESW coupled with POE power supply. 

I created vlan 10 (DATA) and vlan 20 (VOICE) and assign interface f0/1/0 as switchport access vlan 10 and switch voice vlan 20. 

Should I create interfaces for VLANs? 

I managed with it. Configured like this:

interface vlan 10

ip address 192.170.10.1 255.255.255.0

!

interface vlan 20

ip address 192.170.20.1 255.255.255.0

ip helper-address 192.168.10.5

ip helper-address 192.168.10.4

!

interface f5/0/1

spanning-tree portfast

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 10

switchport voice vlan 20 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: