cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco 2821 Not able to access CLI - both Telnet & console connections failed

aalawneh
Level 1
Level 1

I had a problem with my call manager 2821, when type sh flash or Dir the CLI get hanging & i have to close the CMD window & open a new telnet session.

And after several tries i am getting telnet connection failed !! it seems the sessions was not being terminated & the router not accepting a new session.

Then i decided to connect to console & typed sh flash again the CLI hanged & now i am not able to access the console.

I am not sure if the problem with flash whether its corrupted or its only need the router to be reloaded to solve some hanging issues.

By the way the system is running & processing 18 IP telephones request & i can't reload because i am not sure what will happen !!!!!

ANY BODY CAN ADVICE PLEASE ??????

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Since the router is in production, I would call Cisco TAC and open a ticket with them so they can help you troubleshoot it. Its mostly likely an IOS bug.

HTH

Thx reza, 

I guess it not possible to open case with no valid warranty !! The problem my device is out of warranty & as per one Cisco partner information the device is end of sale & i can't extend the warranty but only upgrade.

I hope it as IOS Bug not something else, I tried to find spare compact flash from the market as stand by but i didn't find.

Hi,

The problem is if you don't have a valid service contract, you can't (legally) upgrade the IOS.

Sometimes Cisco will help providing some sort of coverage even if the device is not under warranty and/or end of life.  Its worth a phone call specially if your organization already has a relationship with Cisco or through a partner.

HTH

I spoke two local partners & they said it might a problem with compact flash but not sure.

But i think how logically the system will be running when the flash is corrupted

anyway thank you for your support. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card