Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX jmx logs

Fedor Solovev
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have UCCX 9.0.2 and I had problem with disk space.

something generates JMX-INFO-jmx.2016-06-03T04-17-25.937 file types.

I know how to delete it but it would be better if 50Mb files doesn't appear each day.

could anybody tell which service generates these type of logs ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

And one more thing: I have UCCX and CUIC as separate VMs.

CUIC with UCCX is co-resident. When you say CUIC and UCCX as separate VMs I am assuming that you have a standalone CUIC server as well there along with the co-resident CUIC that comes with UCCx. Also, is the issue regarding the log partition getting full happening on both i.e., UCCX and standalone CUIC or on only one of them.

Also, there is no way that you can disable these JMX log files to get generate unless you completely disable CUIC services (something that I think should work but had never tested myself). They are supposed to generate as a part of CUIC process irrespective of that fact if you have traces enabled or not. The only problem is that they don't get purge on their own as other threads/processes does. There is really not much you can do there in regards to this thing.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

These log files are actually generated by CUIC. In an ideal situation, these JMX log files should be purged automatically by the system so that the Disk partition does not get full. However, due to the below defect it does not happen:

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuv76430/?referring_site=bugquickviewredir

You might need to check with TAC if they have a fix for this in the form of on ES or maybe they can inform you about the version which has the fix for this.

Regards

Deepak

Hello, Deepak.

Thank you.  Yes, I used exactly this link for getting information how to delete these files.

But I suppose it is some service generating these log files.

So, I wonder how to decrease it level of trace.

Even at CUIC server trace configuration page I can't find what service exactly generates these files.

What do you think ?

CUIC with UCCX is co-resident. When you say CUIC and UCCX as separate VMs I am assuming that you have a standalone CUIC server as well there along with the co-resident CUIC that comes with UCCx. Also, is the issue regarding the log partition getting full happening on both i.e., UCCX and standalone CUIC or on only one of them.

Also, there is no way that you can disable these JMX log files to get generate unless you completely disable CUIC services (something that I think should work but had never tested myself). They are supposed to generate as a part of CUIC process irrespective of that fact if you have traces enabled or not. The only problem is that they don't get purge on their own as other threads/processes does. There is really not much you can do there in regards to this thing.

Regards

Deepak

Hello, Deepak.

Yes, this is standalong QUIC, but for some reason this logs are filling UCCX disk.

In that case, I guess, I may just manually clear the disk from time to time, since right now I just cannot upgrade the system.

Thank you for respond.

Your understanding is correct Fedor, you will need to keep removing the logs manually till the time you do not upgrade your system.

Regards

Deepak