cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Save Recordings for Call Back Feature

techoperations1
Level 1
Level 1

I have created a script to place call back so that callers have the option to request a call back instead of waiting in the queue.  I used the "BaseLineAdfQueueing" aef from the script repository.

This allows a client to call in,  put in their phone number and leave a message.  The data goes into a queue and when an agent is available, the agent will get a call, hear the message and press a number for the system to call the client back.  This seems to work (thanks script repository!).

However, we would like to be able to have the recorded message saved somewhere.  For some reason if the agent didn't hear the message correctly and hangs up, we would like to be able to retrieve the message.

The script has a "record" step.  The recording gets saved as a Doc to a temp location on the system. 

How can we tell the script to make a copy of this file in a remote location?  If you look at the script, we would need something after the "record" script is successful.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

All the prompts, scripts, documents, grammars etc (so basically anything that you upload to UCCX) gets stored in the db_cra_repository which has a total space size of 40 MB. Once it gets full, you will not be able to upload anything as mentioned above to UCCX. You can check the total, available space by running below command from UCCX CLI:

show uccx dbserver disk

Hence, you can either manually keep moving the recordings from UCCX periodically to the third party server else create a Datasource Connection from UCCX to the third party server and then use DB Write step in the script to do it directly that way. Refer Database Subsystem Configuration section of below document in order to know more about this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/config/guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide_chapter_01000.html#UCCX_TP_D15EED07_00

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

k.davis
Level 1
Level 1

You could attach the file to an email and send it.  Add some caller info to the email so they can differentiate between the different calls.  Might create an area the agents have to keep cleaned up, but could work. To cover the hang up scenario, you'd have to do that for every call back call.  Otherwise, give the agent an option to "save" the recorded message in an email for future reference when they choose to.

I thought about this not long after a vendor helped me implement a call back script, but haven't tried it.  Let me know if it works or you come up with something else.

This would be the most ideal scenario. However we have Enhanced licenses.  To be able to use the email contact features we would need Premium.  UCCX saves the message/file as a document on the system where it is inaccessible. I assume it gets put in a temporary place and gets overwritten.  If I could get UCCX to copy it and upload it to a remote location like our file server that would work.  Just not sure what steps/variables i need to make it happen. 

Please find attached the copy of BaseLineAdvQueing script wherein I have added some steps under the Recording step that will allow the recording to get saved on the UCCX. You will need to change the userid from derawat and password from cisco respectively to some valid user that has full admin rights to UCCX on your side. Since every time the callback number left will be different hence the naming convention for the prompts as they will appear in Prompt Management under en_US on UCCX will be the value that gets stored in callbackNumber variable plus wav

Note: Please add the required Goto step etc under unsuccessful branch as per your requirements in your script.

Regards

Deepak

Thanks Deepak...this looks really good...going to test this out and let you know how it goes.  Would this cause any issues with space on the uccx server if we get alot of wav files, is there a way to save it in another location?  Are you doing this currently in your system?

Deepak, thanks so much, works like a charm!  I will create new folder in the system for these recordings. 

Regarding my other questions related to space on the server...do you have any suggestions for that? Or does anyone else reading this have an automated way to save files to a remote location?

My recommendation would be to save this in a 3rd party server and not on the actual system.

david

All the prompts, scripts, documents, grammars etc (so basically anything that you upload to UCCX) gets stored in the db_cra_repository which has a total space size of 40 MB. Once it gets full, you will not be able to upload anything as mentioned above to UCCX. You can check the total, available space by running below command from UCCX CLI:

show uccx dbserver disk

Hence, you can either manually keep moving the recordings from UCCX periodically to the third party server else create a Datasource Connection from UCCX to the third party server and then use DB Write step in the script to do it directly that way. Refer Database Subsystem Configuration section of below document in order to know more about this

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_11_0/config/guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide/UCCX_BK_U2F148AE_00_unified-ccx-administration-guide_chapter_01000.html#UCCX_TP_D15EED07_00

Regards

Deepak

Doing something like this manually seems like something we want to veer away from.  The DB steps require premium licenses.  I did stumble upon these suggestions when searching around the forum.  Does anyone have experience with these?

Windows share: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23618

- SFTP/FTP: https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-33115

Deepak, thanks for your comments.  The sample script you sent was very helpful.  We will implement call back and store the files on the server and manually move them (to my dismay...manually doing things always makes me a little sad) just to get it up and running.  If the callback feature works out well we may upgrade to premium so we can do email or db steps to offload the files. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: