Views
Helpful
Replies

Touch 10 Hang issue

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi ,

we are using SX80 along  CTS-CTRL-DVX-10+ .We were facing issue of Touch 10 hanging i.e. a circle keeps revolving on the center with blue screen and nothing happens. After say 2-3 minutes, it  comes back on its own.So, we did the RMA of Touch and same issue came back after 10 days.

we are using flat grey Ethernet cable CAB -DV1--12.5M which comes from Cisco

So, we upgraded SX80 version from TC7.3.6 to TC 7.3.6 .But status is still same. We even restarted the box by taking POE cable

Can somebody guide ?

regds,

aman

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

petark
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried to change the Ethernet cable?

We had several devices with similar issues and almost always that flat grey cable was the problem.

You can use regular Ethernet cable to test it.

View solution in original post

rsajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aman

Greetings of the day!

You have tried different touch panels with your SX80, and upgraded to latest software version TC7.3.6 as well, but the issue still persists.

I would suggest you to replace the Ethernet cable between the touch 10 device and power injector, and also replace the Ethernet cable between the SX80 Ethernet port and power injector. 

Refer to the attached picture.

Either of the 2nd or 3rd Ethernet port can be used for connecting to the touch panel(but not the 1st Ethernet port as it is for LAN)

Do you experience the same issue for both the ports?

Please test this and provide feedback.

Regards

Radhika Sajan

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

petark
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried to change the Ethernet cable?

We had several devices with similar issues and almost always that flat grey cable was the problem.

You can use regular Ethernet cable to test it.

thanks for reply. I would check and get back to you. regds, aman

I changed both  Ethernet cables : one coming from SX80 to  Injector and other going out from Injector to Touch 10.

I have kept under observation.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

I have same problem.

After replacing the Ethernet cable,
Has the problem been resolved?

Kind regards.

rsajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Aman

Greetings of the day!

You have tried different touch panels with your SX80, and upgraded to latest software version TC7.3.6 as well, but the issue still persists.

I would suggest you to replace the Ethernet cable between the touch 10 device and power injector, and also replace the Ethernet cable between the SX80 Ethernet port and power injector. 

Refer to the attached picture.

Either of the 2nd or 3rd Ethernet port can be used for connecting to the touch panel(but not the 1st Ethernet port as it is for LAN)

Do you experience the same issue for both the ports?

Please test this and provide feedback.

Regards

Radhika Sajan

Hi Radhika,

thanks  for inputs.

wud try and let u know.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman

I shall be awaiting further update from your end.

Regards

Radhika Sajan