cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 FCS - Deprecated Endpoints

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM 11.5 is now available on CCO software downloads as of today, the FCS build number is 11.5.1.10000-6 and can be accessed at the following:

https://software.cisco.com/download/release.html?mdfid=286306100&flowid=79971&softwareid=282074295&release=11.5%281%29&relind=AVAILABLE&rellifecycle=&reltype=latest

File: UCSInstall_UCOS_11.5.1.10000-6.sgn.iso

Release Notes

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/rel_notes/11_5_1/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151/cucm_b_release-notes-cucm-imp-1151_chapter_010.html

Imp Change:

Deprecated Endpoints

As of Cisco Unified Communications Manager Firmware Release 11.5, the following phones are not supported:

• Cisco IP Phone 12 SP+ and related models

• Cisco IP Phone 30 VIP and related models

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7910

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7910SW

• Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912

• Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920

• Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7935

If you use any of these phone models on an older release of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and you upgrade to Release 11.5, the phone will not work after the upgrade completes.

Manish

44 Replies 44

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

[+5] for sharing info.

regds,

aman

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

Also worthy of note is that CUCM IM&P in 11.5 will only work with Expressway V8.8 - Which isn't out yet!

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

That's an imp point, IM&P 11.5 is out and its compatibility with Expressway deployments needs to be ensured to prevent any issues.

Manish

I was unable to rate u on first discussion so , I rated this one.

regds,

aman

Thanks Aman, i wanted to share the point regarding deprecated endpoints in particular since this is a major change. A lot of installations still have these endpoints and we get a lot of requests checking their compatibility with CUCM 10.x and 11.x versions.

Manish

Same for me since I wasn't able to vote on the original post. Why is that?

Not sure why that's happening, thanks for the feedback though.

Manish

Hi Lisa & Aman,

Just an FYI here.....original posts in the Discussion Level of the forums can never be rated as they are generally posing a question or query. Only Docs, blogs and videos posted by the OP can be rated :)

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks for the information, Rob. I'm still confused, though, because there are six 5-star ratings on Manish's original post. Why can some members rate the post and others can't?

Hi Lisa,

You are most welcome my friend!

The ratings info you see on Manish's original post is actually a summary of ratings for the complete thread. If you look at the reply's from within the thread you can see that Manish got 2x5 point ratings on his second post, Gordon got 1x5 point rating and Jaime (Java) got 3x5 point ratings and that is why you see the summary on the OP of 6x5 star ratings.

On the individual posts like Java's you see - Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings) for example to indicate that he got 3x5 point ratings.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

Rob

You explanation is very helpful Rob (as are your posts - you've helped me several times in the past). Thank you!

Good to know such things in advance...+5 to Manish, Jaime &.Gordon for sharing this stuff !!!

Suresh

Hi Gordon,

is there a document saying that expressway 8.7.1 is not compatible with cucm IM & P 11.5.1.10000-6 upgrade available in CCO ?

Also, below document is talking about 11.5.1.10000-10 release but it is still not available yet

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/11_x/cucm_b_cucm-imp-compatibility-matrix-11x.html#reference_E0BE64ED5B28FC5375A22B8E531C55A9

We will upgrade CUCM from 11.0 to 11.5 soon

Thanks in advance ..

Cheers,

MO Giacobbe

MCSD, SCJP, CCIE Collaboration #50401

The RN explain what Gordon mentions, and x8.8 is now available on CCO.

The x8.8 compatibility note is ONLY applicable when being used for MRA.

The version mentioned in that doc is wrong, probably a typo, that version does not even exist, the FCS release was 11.5.1.10000-6 for CUCM/CUC and 11.5.1.10000-4 for IM&P, which is also different from the one mentioned in the RN.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: