Views
Helpful
Replies

Wireless QOS when using HREAP?

victoriabardy
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

We have a cisco 5508 wireless controller cluster running software version 8.0.116.0 .  We just added QOS tagging for Lync EV but we are not able to see the statistics on the controller.  I was advised that we would need to code 8.1.102.0.  Does this mean the traffic is not being tagged at all, or that its being tagged but we will not be able to view the tagging?  When the wireless traffic traverses the WLC, is the tagging being applied even though the monitoring is not available on our software version of controller?

Does anyone here on the forum know?

If so please let me know if you do.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

Which statistics are you referring to? My guess is that you are talking about AVC which can report about the data usage for certain applications. AVC is since 8.1 also available for FlexConnect, so that might explain the recommendation to upgrade. Do keep in mind that this feature is only supported on 1530, 1570, 1600, 1700, 2600, 2700, 3600 and 3700 access-points.

You can use AVC to remark the Lync traffic with a certain DSCP value, but if you have your "regular" QoS configuration already in place this is not required. Just make sure that the QoS profile has been set on the SSID and that the traffic is being marked with the correct DSCP and CoS value when it reaches the FlexConnect AP. For a successful QoS implementation it is very important that there is "end to end" QoS configured (so from server to client and client to client). I assume that you use local switching because of using FlexConnect, but if you use central switching you need to trust the DSCP markings from the WLC as well.

You can find more information in this technote.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Refer this post to understand how QoS settings work in FlexConnect scenario (this is based on AireOS 7.0.x code). 

https://mrncciew.com/2013/07/23/qos-for-h-reap/

You may need to refer configuration guide of software code you use for any added features on this

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card