cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we add 2 additional content screen in MX 800 ?

Lalit pamnani
Level 1
Level 1

Hello There,

Can we add 2 additional content screen in MX 800 ?

I see this mentioned, but couldn't interpret it.

Video outputs
(three outputs)

Two HDMI Outputs and one DVI-I Output; supported formats:

●  1920 x 1080@60 Hz (1080p60)
●  1920 x 1080@50 Hz (1080p50)
●  1280 x 720@60 Hz (720p60)
●  1280 x 720@50 Hz (720p50)
●  1920 x 1200@60 Hz (WUXGA)2
●  1920 x 1200@50 Hz (WUXGA)2

MX700: HDMI output 1 & 2 are in use with the 2 screens

MX800: HDMI output 1 is in use with the screen

VESA Monitor Power Management

Extended Display Identification Data (EDID)

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a single screen MX800 you can indeed add two more - one would be connected to the second HDMI port and the other to the DVI-I port. If you have the MX800 dual you can only add one more directly to the codec, or you can use an external splitter. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you have a single screen MX800 you can indeed add two more - one would be connected to the second HDMI port and the other to the DVI-I port. If you have the MX800 dual you can only add one more directly to the codec, or you can use an external splitter. 

Thanks Patrick.

I should have asked specifically, yes, if its MX800 dual then and 2 HDMIs are connected to display.

Then only DVI-I port is remain, so i can only add 1 display for content right.? and am gonna need 3.5mm jack if i need audio in content.?

The point where i got confused is mentioned below, HDMI output 1 is in use with VESA Monitor power managment, what it is .?

MX800: HDMI output 1 is in use with the screen

VESA Monitor Power Management

The VESA power management means the MX will send out signals to the monitor(s) to tell them to go into standby mode, wake up, etc. Make sure you purchase monitors that conform to the DPMS standards - for example a cheap TV/Monitor will usually turn off when it sees no signal but you have to turn it back on manually - you don't want that here. 

As for the audio - if your third monitor has speakers you can send audio to it if you want, but the MX800 audio system is quite capable and will have much richer sound than the built in speakers on the third monitor, so I would not send the audio to the third monitor unless it was far from the MX. 

Hi

just extension of this could we add one additional Camera with MX800 Dual ?

Regards

Shobhit Tyagi

Yes - there is a feature called "presenter track" that is supported which is a third camera. you don't need to use this feature, but it's free once you add the hardware to support it. The SX80 has always supported three cameras.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collaboration-endpoints/presenter-track.html