cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Procedure to change IP's in MDS 9513 & change admin password.

jrodrigval
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have six 9513 (in production) and we need change all its ip's. If is posible I would like some instructions and the best way to do this.

The thing is that we need change the switches from one network to another so we need change all its ip's.

Is this posible without affect to the service? 

What would be the best way to do this?

We also have another add problem, we don't have the admin password so because we probably need to change the password I really appreciated a way to change it or reset or.... (I found this document but I am not sure If is correct:  http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/storage-networking/mds-9000-series-multilayer-switches/29441-8.html)

Thank you.

5 Replies 5

dynamoxxx
Level 5
Level 5

that is the correct document and as you can see it will require downtime as one supervisor will need to be removed while you are rebooting and resetting the password on the other one. If all your systems are dual connected (fabric A and fabric B) and multipathing is configured and working properly, then it should be an online procedure from host perspective.   Simply changing IP address will not impact host connectivity, commands are the same as if you were configuring a brand new switch.

@dynamoxxx

Hi,

First, thank you  very much for your answer.

About the IP's change, (dummy question) if I change the IP's and doesn't work I lost the management connectivity  so I suppose, I must (or should) do this in front of the switch because if that happens the only way to fix that is connect to the switch thru serial/rj45 cable? that is correct? 

Thanks

Yes !

In any case, I would recommend to do it during a maintenance window, which could be rather short.

Ok,

Thank you very much!!

Ok, Sir.

Thanks for your concern.

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: