Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm - skype for business sip issue

paulwilsonvm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have set up a sip trunk between a CUCM and a Skype for business platform but have an issue whereby calls work successfully from Skype to cucm but it doesn't work for cucm to Skype.

Everything is configured as per the cisco document for integrating lync 2013 and cucm v10

It looks like cucm is sending a cancel after Skype sends the 183 sip message.  On cucm when you make the call you just hear ringing, also on a successful call from Skype to cucm if the cucm endpoint hands up it doesn't end the call at the sype end.

Any ideas what could cause this? any sip settings?

Thanks

Paul

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let's see the SIP traces of the call in both directions. Please be sure to annotate what IP corresponds to what hostname/device (e.g. 10.1.1.1 is CUCM Pub, 10.2.2.2 is S4B Mediation Server, etc). Presumably there is something in the 183 message that CUCM doesn't like. Likewise on the inverse direction: what does S4B server think of the BYE message from CUCM? Is MTP required checked on the CUCM SIP Trunk? I'm not recommending that as a solution, just asking.

Thanks Jonathan I can't provide the full SIP trace on here though.

It seems like there is SIP compatibility problem but not sure why it would only be a problem in one direction.  The specific messages from the traces are below

00595022.025 |19:12:29.669 |AppInfo |//SIP/Stack/Error/0x0xe87fce98/sipSPIAddPrivacyHeader: Orig Container is NULL...should have value

00595022.026 |19:12:29.669 |AppInfo |//SIP/Stack/Error/0x0xe87fce98/sipSPIAddAssertedIDHeader: Orig Container is NULL...should have value

00595022.027 |19:12:29.669 |AppInfo |//SIP/Stack/Error/0x0xe87fce98/sipSPIAddPreferredIDHeader: Orig Container is NULL...should have value

Does this give you anything to go on?

Also I think SFB 2015 and CUCM 11 is yet to be ratified as being compatible with each other I can't find any documentation relation to anything later than CUCM 10.5 & Lync 2013

Thanks

Paul

The SIP stack in CUCM 11 hasn't changed so the integration guide published for Lync 2013 to CUCM 10.0 still applies. Beyond that, if you're unable to post the traces for a test call then I suggest you reach out to TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: