Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX upgrade

Ahmad Kefaya
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

i need to upgrade my UCCX from 10.5 to 11.0, i did not install social miner..

did i should install social miner to complete the upgrade OR can i finish the upgrade without install social miner ??

Regards,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow, is there a social miner in the environment today? Social miner is an optional component and you can check compatibility matrix to see if it needs to be upgraded along with CCX depending on current version.

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Socialminer and UCCX are two different applications and hence they are installed/upgrade separately as well. You can integrate SocialMiner with UCCX and use it then for webchat functionality and Finesse email however if you do not have SocialMiner installed in your setup then also there is nothing to worry as UCCX will be upgraded separately only and work without providing the chat and email functionality.

In case if you have Socialminer as well in your environment along with UCCX and you want to ask if upgrading UCCX to v11 also requires upgrading the Social Miner then the answer is Yes, refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_11.0%281%29#Solution_Products_and_Components

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not sure I follow, is there a social miner in the environment today? Social miner is an optional component and you can check compatibility matrix to see if it needs to be upgraded along with CCX depending on current version.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Socialminer and UCCX are two different applications and hence they are installed/upgrade separately as well. You can integrate SocialMiner with UCCX and use it then for webchat functionality and Finesse email however if you do not have SocialMiner installed in your setup then also there is nothing to worry as UCCX will be upgraded separately only and work without providing the chat and email functionality.

In case if you have Socialminer as well in your environment along with UCCX and you want to ask if upgrading UCCX to v11 also requires upgrading the Social Miner then the answer is Yes, refer below:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_CCX_Software_Compatibility_Matrix_for_11.0%281%29#Solution_Products_and_Components

Regards

Deepak