Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot register Cisco 7975 in Call Manager 7.1.2

GAMAS.dnvgl.com
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

We just received some 7975 phones, which we have never had before. 

I have downloaded cmterm-7975-sccp.9-2-1.cop.sgn from Cisco webpage for my version of CM and manage to install it using FTP  (complete).

Here are the results.

Seems ok. But when I open Default Device there is no 7975 model available. 

According to device pack I have installed that model should be available.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/30423/cmterm-devicepack-7_1_2_32022-1_readme.html#_Toc248767199 

7975-sccp

7975-sccp.8-5-3

8.5(3.0)

When I'm plugging the phone to network and doing factory reset it stuck in the loop trying to upgrade firmware (file name term75.default)

I would be appreciated for help

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looks like you only installed individual firmware cop file and not the correct referenced device pack. You need to install proper device pack that includes support for this model, then reboot the cluster which is required any time you are adding support for new phone models.

I have installed previously 

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074299/28037/cmterm-devicepack-7_1_2_22010-1_readme.html#_Toc185231873

This one contains device pack for 7975 phones. 

Did you install it on every server and reboot the cluster?

A device pack needs to be installed on all of your Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers, beginning with the publisher server and the TFTP server. When you apply a Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. 

Refer to the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Device Package Installation Guide.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi there,

Just to add a note to the good tips from my friend Chris (+5). This looks like a cosmetic error in the Device defaults page (I could not find an associated Bug ID when searching). If you look closely there are actually 2 different listings on the Device Defaults for the 7970 model. There is the upper/proper location above the listing for 7971's and then the second 7970 listing where the 7975's should show up. The second listing does show the proper firmware for the 7975's for both SCCP and SIP.

Can you please try going to Device>Phone>Add new and see if the 7975 is available in the dropdown box.

Cheers!

Rob

Though about it too, but it doesn't work despite having the firmware for the phone. 

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 7975 has been around for ages, I configured those in CCM 4.1(3) about 10 years ago, there is no need for any DevPack to add support for that model in any release.

To the OP, do you have DHCP configured to point to the TFTP server before the factory reset?

And OP, the DevPacks contain the FW for many devices in it, that does not mean you're adding support for new device models by installing it, unless the README/RNs for the DevPack explicitly say so. For the most part, consider DevPacks to just be FW for several phone models bundled in one file for convenience.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi.

Yes I have DHCP running which points to TFTP server. I just plugged new 7965 phone and it registered correctly. So there is no problem with network/server. I really don't want to restart Call Manager - it's up and running for 4 years now. 

How can I check if I have all the files needed for 7975 model?