Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for android registration issue

Operepichay
Level 1
Level 1
I used this video for IM and Presence configuration
https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12302201/configure-cucm-105-and-im-presence-105

Cisco jabber for windows connects to IM & P, makes calls, search contacts in LDAP and is registered to CUCM.

Cisco jabber for android also connects to IM & P, but only Instant Messaging is supported, there is no call icon and contacts search in LDAP. It is not registered to CUCM.
What can be wrong?

4 Replies 4

j.huizinga
Level 6
Level 6

On the BOT device page you must fill in the domain name

JH

Now I have call icon like in jabber for windows, but no luck in connecting both to IM and CUCM. After I entered login and password I accepted certificates from CUCM Pub, Sub and IM&P with their IP's and IM&P FQDN. In System - Server settings all my servers are configured with IP's not names.

Not sure if it works without DNS and FQDN. I am never using IP's anymore. And when you would use MRA, then it definitely needs some DNS configuration.

Maybe some one else can give some clarification on this

JH

I changed IP to FQDN in System - Server.

After jabber reset:

1. I enter name@corp.com and accept cucm-pub.corp.com, cucm-sub.corp.com and cucm-imp.corp.com certificates

2. I enter name and password and accept cucm-imp.corp.com certificate and get error

Cannot locate server. Check your server address. cucm-pub.corp.com is accessible from my android phone.