Views
Helpful
Replies

3 content servers with windows 2003 cannot use it

willpkk01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have 3 content servers that are just came right out the box. literally I just opened up these boxes that were stored in the cabinet for sometime. I don't know how long they were back there because I got this job, but I noticed that they were windows 2003 servers. How do I go about getting upgraded servers from Cisco with Windows 2008 while making sure the content server application is still on there? Is it possible that I can build a custom server from different equipment, but get the actual cisco content application on like a disk? I think I would rather want Cisco to send me back content servers with 2008 already loaded, but any advice will do!

I cannot put these servers on the network because windows server 2003 is not DIACAP approved.

2 Replies 2

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I suspect these products are EOL now.  What are there model numbers?

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If they're Windows 2003 servers than they'll either be a TANDBERG Gen1 or Cisco Gen2 hardware appliance, both are end-of-sale, see: TANDBERG TCS Gen1 EOS Announcement and Cisco TCS Gen2 EOS Annoucement.

You can migrate to either a current Gen4 hardware appliance or a VM, both options will use Windows 2012.  Suggest you reach out to your Account Manager as they can assist in figuring out the best migration plan for you, either the hardware appliance or VM and the costs of doing such a migration.

Here is the TCS Data Sheet for more information.

If you have any more questions, you should move your question to the TelePresence section of the forums where these devices are more actively discussed.  You can move your discussion by editing your post and changing the categories at the bottom.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: