cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco im and presence configuration error

ozden ozdugun
Level 1
Level 1

When I try to configure IM and Presence server , the server give this error.

I configured dns server;im and presence server name and ip.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

That would depend on DNS server you have, if you have windows DNS server then just follow any guide for creating reverse DNS lookups, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6jxoY2pBQ

Leszek

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Leszek Wojnarski
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ozden,

Are you sure that reverse DNS lookup is configured as well? DNS should have forward and reverse entries. So Hostname to IP and IP to hostname. You can check if it's correct indeed using nslookup command on your windows machine.

Here is how you can user nslookup:

https://blog.thesysadmins.co.uk/nslookup-common-usage-examples.html

This error is not very critical for the installation itself, so if you just click Ignore the installation should proceed and then you can fix the issue later. If you continue the installation you have good chance that all will work fine but you might experience issue with replication etc.

So you'd need to fix this anyway.

Leszek

Hi Lezsek;

I configured dns server ; I can pinging the im &presence server  name and nslookup is correct but it couldn't work

How is your Pub defined is it host name or FQDN?

Can you share the output of nslookup? 

Leszek

all those nslookups you've send are forward DNS lookups, you need to check reverse nslookups as well so:

nslookup 192.168.175.252 192.168.180.34

Leszek

C:\Users\özden>nslookup 192.168.175.252 192.168.180.34
Server: ns-net-01.ntst.local
Address: 192.168.180.34

*** ns-net-01.ntst.local can't find 192.168.175.252: Non-existent domain

C:\Users\özden>

where I create this on the dns server

That would depend on DNS server you have, if you have windows DNS server then just follow any guide for creating reverse DNS lookups, like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wF6jxoY2pBQ

Leszek

hi Lezsek 

this error

you need to go to CUCM System>Server and add ip address of your CUCM IM&P to the list of servers.

Leszek

I did This

Hi

I was just going this bug which talks about special characters even though version of IMP ,it refers to is 10.5(2) while u are using 10.5(1)

from the attached snapshot, I can see _ under description for the first node. It is not clearly visible. Can u try removing that and check?

Processnode description column regex on IM&P doesn't match one on CUCM
CSCuu65604

Description
Symptom:
IM&P fresh install fails. Error code 35079 seen in installdb logs on IM&P.

Conditions:
'[' or ']' or possibly some of %, \, &, <, > characters found in description of node, added in System->Server page in CUCM admin GUI.

Workaround:
Remove unsupported characters from description field in CUCM's admin GUI (System->Server), for all entries (including CUCM nodes), and re-install IM&P.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: