cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco ASA 5506-X access WAN (outside) IP from LAN (inside)

skaljkovic
Level 1
Level 1

In my home network I have web server and I access it with local IP (ex. 192.168.1.200) but it is forwarded to the internet so that I can access it from anywhere in the world via WAN IP address (ex. 12.34.56.78).

Is there any settings so that I can access this web server from inside (local) network via WAN IP (12.34.56.78)?

5 Replies 5

Hello

Aren't you already dong that ?

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

It doesn't work.

So, if I'm in my local network and try to access (or just ping) Public WAN IP of router it doesn't work. I don't know how to set it up.

Hello

Okay so you want to be able ping the wan (outside) interface for the ASA fw correct?

Can you post the current config of the ASA , I guess all what is required is possibly an acl allowing icmp echo-reply

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

No, I don't need only ping, I need whole communication.

This is the best explanation I can give you:

I have a forum on my server in local network in Office. When somebody post reply to my topic I get an email with link for that new post. If the link is with the local IP address of the server I can click it and I can see the forum post ONLY if I'm (with my laptop or phone or PC) in office. If I'm at home or somewhere but not in office if I click on that link I can NOT open the forum. So I change setup on my forum to send link with public static (WAN) IP and port where my server is forwarded, so when I'm out of office I can click on link and see forum. BUT now I have problem if I'm in office and click on that link I can NOT open forum because link is with WAN IP not with LAN IP.

I can't send you configuratin at this time, maybe latter (in one or two hour).

Hello

Do you connect via FQDN or ip, If dns and you have a local dns server ,Create a A record for the web server for internal resolution, or of its just your pc try amending  the local hosts file.

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: