cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Uploads Failing

jdetwiler
Level 1
Level 1

Recently we discovered that our 1.x collector had become unresponsive. Rather than trying to fix it we chose to install a new collector (2.5). Once installed I generated and uploaded the entitlement after which I received the following error:

"Entitlement done locally but failed on tail-end gateway. No response from connectivity tail-end gateway. CSPC will run without connecitivity tail-end gateway."

I continued on with configuring it - added credentials, discovered devices, ran collections and was able to perform 4 successful uploads. Now however all attempts at uploads fail.

So far I've done the following:

1) Even though nothing changed on our end I verified that connectivity to Cisco is successful.

2) Verified that the tail end gateway is running (service concsotgw status)

3) Made sure time is correct on the collector.

4) Put the host name in the hosts file.

5) Numerous reboots and service restarts.

Despite all of the above the uploads still fail. Any suggestions?

18 Replies 18

Lynden Price
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The port requirements and IPs changed from 1.x to 3.x, so that could be your issue. Here are the new ones:

Port Requirements (required for upload to Cisco)

• 72.163.7.113 (TCP 443) concsoweb-prd.cisco.com 
  • 72.163.4.161 (TCP 443/80) www.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl.cisco.com
  • 72.163.7.60 (TCP 443/80) dl1.cisco.com
  • 173.37.146.12 (TCP 443/80) dl2.cisco.com
  • 173.37.144.208 (TCP 443/80) sso.cisco.com

Thanks,

Lynden

Thanks Lynden.  I verified connectivity to the addresses you sent using "nc -v <IP_address> 443"

Also I have visibility into our firewall.  Not seeing any drops coming from the collector.

Are you not seeing your upload, or are you actually getting an error/failed message on the collector? If so, what does it say?

Also, are you using a collection profile to upload or an upload profile?

Thanks,

Lynden

I'm using the upload profile and running it manually.  When I do that it successfully runs the different phases until it gets to "Upload_to_Backend". When it gets to that phase it turns yellow, says "RUNNING" for a minute or two, turns red and says "FAILED". So yes, getting the failed message on the collector itself.

Go to Reports > Job Management Reports > Upload Run Now Jobs and see if you can find the log for the upload. It should have more details about what happened.

Can you also run from the command line:

telnet 72.163.7.113 443

and see what happens?

Thanks,

Lynden

The log entries don't seem to be much help:  

Upload Phase :INITIALIZE_FILES Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :INITIALIZE_FILES Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :DUMPING_UPLOAD_DATA Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :DUMPING_UPLOAD_DATA Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :ZIP_FILE_CREATION Upload Phase Status :SUCCESSFUL JobStatus :SUCCESS
Upload job completed successfully. Upload File Location :/opt/cisco/ss/adminshell/applications/CSPC/uploaddata/_Upload_Profile/78_1
TransactionId/Conn resp =
Upload Phase :UPLOAD_TO_BACKEND Upload Phase Status :RUNNING JobStatus :RUNNING
Upload Phase :UPLOAD_TO_BACKEND Upload Phase Status :FAILED JobStatus :FAILED

Telnet to 72.163.7.113 over port 443 shows the port open:

[collectorlogin@localhost ~]$ telnet 72.163.7.113 443
Trying 72.163.7.113...
Connected to 72.163.7.113.
Escape character is '^]'.

Under Settings > Application Settings > Export Settings, what is listed beside "Upload Via"? You said you generated a new entitlement correct? What was the file name of the OVA you deployed?

Also, could you tell me in the upload profile, is it uploading by service name or by collection profile?

Upload via = http

OVA file name was SNTC-CSPC2.5.2.1-OVF10.ova

Upload profile uploading by Query Collection Profile Data = sntc1x_min_cp

Hi jdetwiler,

Could you check in Reports > Inventory Jobs and make certain that the collection profile sntc1x_min_cp ran successfully? Then go to Reports > View Collection Profile Run Summary and look to make sure the last inventory collected data.

Thanks,

Lynden

The last run of sntc1x_min_cp did run successfully. And yes, verified that the last inventory did collect data. 

Hi jdetwiler,

When you deployed the new 2.5 image, what instructions did you use for setting it up? You should be uploading via a collection profile in 2.5

In the collection profile, is the box "export upon completion of collection profile"?

Also, in your upload profile, is it based on service name or on collection profile?

Thanks,

Lynden

Lynden,

The instructions I used are from the CSPC Getting Started Guide.  (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/inventory_and_reporting/CSPC_Getting_Started_Guide_2-5.pdf)

Yes, the box "Export upon completion of collection profile" is selected.

The upload profile is based on collection profile data.

Something interesting happened over the weekend. I had a scheduled upload that succeeded. The uploads that have been failing have all been the on-demand uploads.  So this morning I scheduled an upload to occur.  It's not showing up on the portal yet but based on the Inventory Jobs report the upload succeeded.

So it appears that it is only the on-demand upload jobs are failing.

thanks,

Jeff

Just an update - two uploads succeeded back on July 3rd but none since then - not scheduled or manual. 

I tried creating a new upload profile, tried both Default Upload and Upload Devices to <CSP#>.  Tried Query Service Specific Data = smartnet_total_care as well as Query Collection Profile=sntc1x_min_cp.  I have both Upload All Device Data and Export to Remote Server selected.

A couple questions:

1) we upgraded our collector from 1.x to 2.5. The portal now shows both collectors. Do I need to do something to delete the 1.x collector?  If so, how do I do that?

2) could this be an issue with the entitlement? I re-uploaded the new entitlement but still no luck. Should I try deleting the existing entitlement and generating a new one?

Anyone have any other ideas?

Hi jdetwiler,

What was your original collector version? You're now on 2.5, were you previously on 2.3 or earlier?

Either way, I would recommend not using an upload profile, but following the instructions here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/blog/12696871/self-service-onboarding-setting-cspc-25-collector

To configure the collector to upload via the collection profile.

I would also recommend generating a new 3.x entitlement rather than using the old one. There isn't any way to delete the 1.x collector from the portal at this time.

Thanks,

Lynden