cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco RV130W Wireless-N VPN Firewall Time of Day access issue with multiple SSID's

ggian1982
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I have a RV130W Wireless-N VPN Firewall router with the latest release 1.0.3.16.

The issue is with multiple wireless SSID's.The concept is that the time of day access is not working well when you enable it on 2 SSID's.

All i want is my wireless network to be accessible from 09:00 a.m. to 01:00 a.m (the following day for 16 hours)

Unfortunately you can not configure this because after 12 p.m. the day is changing and you cannot do this through the menu of this router.So i decided to configure 1 SSID from 9 a.m. to 11:55 p.m the same day and automatically disable this SSID through Time of day access.The second SSID i have created i configured the time of day access to be from 12:05 a.m. to 01:00 a.m so with this way i will have wireless connection through this second SSID and after this will be disabled automatically after 1 a.m. 

So in summary 

SSID1 - Time of day access 09:00 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.

SSID2 -Time of day access 12:05 a.m. - 01:00 a.m.

With this configuaration i will have wireless connections disabled from 01:00a.m. to 09:00a.m.(during the night) 

The issue is that the SSID1 is not disabled after 11:55 p.m(and is not accessible after this time until the next day at 09:00 a.m.) and the SSID2 in not working.

Can you please help me with this issue?

Best regards

6 Replies 6

asuseela
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community centre.

As per your update there is no issue with SSID 1, But the SSID 2 should be active from 12:05 a.m. - 01:00 a.m. Hence please share me few other queries to narrow down the issue.

>>Are you able to access the SSID 2 without Time of Day Access?

>>Have you ever check for the Time of Day Access for two SSIDs within 12 hours?

>>Does it works fine within 12 hours?

Hi Asuseela,

Correct there is no issue with SSID1 because  is on the second place of the SSID's.It depends who is first at the top-down in the wireless table.(attached screenshot).For examle if i do the following test with SSID3 

SSID3 - Time of day access 12:05 a.m. - 01:00 a.m.

SSID1 -Time of day access 09:00 a.m. - 11:55 p.m.

the wireless network is working only for 1 hour between 12:05 a.m. - 01:00 a.m. and for 23 hours the wireless network is unaccessible.

Please find my answers below:

>>Are you able to access the SSID 2 without Time of Day Access?

Yes i can access it both.

>>Have you ever check for the Time of Day Access for two SSIDs within 12 hours?

No because this is not my requirement.My requirement is to have close the wifi's at night between 01:00 a.m. - 09:00 a.m.

>>Does it works fine within 12 hours?

Yes its works fine 

P..S

When i have this problem and for example i enter manually the router from cable at 00:00 a.m. which are both SSID's are not enabled and i go to wireleess configuration  and press only the save button without make any change it is working(or if i reboot the router).For some reason it is confused  and does not bring down the first SSID adapter.Also at 12:10 a.m. i still can see from my laptop(and my phone) the SSID1 broadcasting but when i try to connect i get an error.

Hi,

Thank you for your kind response and sorry for  the delay. Based on your setup let me try with the LAB test and will get back to you with the updates accordingly. Thank you for your patience in advance.

Warm Regards,

Ambareezh

Hi Ambareetz.

Thank you for your support .I am waiting the results after the investigation.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you need further information.

Best regards,

George

Hi George,

Thank you for your patience and time. I have tried with the same test in my LAB set-up and observed the same result. Time of Day access works fine within 12 hours for two SSIDs. And If I tried the time frame between AM and PM only first SSID is active for its mentioned time frame. Hence this issue needs to be escalated to concern research team.

Hence please reach out to SBSC team, and open a service request. Based on which one of our SBSC Engineer will assist you further on this issue

You can contact our SBSC team either via chat or call support with the help of below links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

Hi Ambareezh,

Thank you very much for you support.I am waiting the results from the investigation.

Please do hesitate to contact me in case you need further information.

Best regards,

George

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: