cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

5508 channel utilization counters reset?

Hey gang, good day to all of you.  I have had some issues predominately the APs were showing very high channel utilization, in the range of 70+%.

I have made lots of changes, such as lowering data rates, Event Driven RRM, Avoid Cisco AP Load, Band Select, Optimized Roaming, Aggressive Load Balancing and some other modifications as well. 

On the end user client I saw huge benefits on the 2.4 GHz spectrum in regards to being able to get a much higher data throughput and better network operation.

Additionally i have gone to the extend of shutting down a good portion of my 2.4 Radios and this begs this question.

On the controller under wireless 802.11bg/n i see the shut down APs and under detail I still see the Chanel Utilization, which was the value prior to me shutting down some of my radios on the network.  

Also when I capture the running-config and I analyze the same information on Analyzer, I still see the utilization percentage, is this how it is supposed to work?  do those counters reset after some time?  Maybe I need to restart RRM or something? even though I have it refresh every so often?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Duplicate thread.

Kindly post all responses into the original thread (HERE).

Leo good day to you and thanks for the reply, this is not a duplicate thread, the one you are referring me to is my thread as well and it has to do with me asking how to solve high channel utilization.  In this thread I am asking that since I shut down some radios and when I see the channel utilization I see no difference, is there a reset command that possibly needs to be run on the RRM side so the information gets renewed? 

thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card