Views
Helpful
Replies

Outbound voice dialing from video endpoints

Tom Ribbens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We're facing a weird problem: we can dial to external phone numbers from all endpoints, except a MX800. 

Video endpoints are registered to VCS X8.2.2. From VCS there is a SIP trunk to CUCM. I unfortunately don't have a lot of VCS knowledge. What I can see from the CUCM logs is that working calls receive an invite from VCS with the To: field populated in the format <number>@<cucm ip>, while calls from the non working unit send <number>@<company domain>.  Then CUCM says Service Unavailable. I can't seem to find where this difference comes from. From what I understand from the Search Rules, the domain should be stripped of and replaced by the CUCM IP because of this rule: (9\d{8,16})@%localdomains%|(9\d{8,16}) replaced by \2\1@10.3.26.10

It seems the MX800 is not following the same rules, but it does get to CUCM somehow. Additionally, it gets to CUCM with a lot of SDP information in it, which the other units don't send.

Could anybody point me in the right direction please?

1 Reply 1

Patrick McCarthy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are your endpoints dual registered - H.323 and SIP? If so I'm guessing the default call protocol on the MX800 is different from the others (the ones that work) and that's affecting the regex matches in your search rules and/or transforms. Clearly there is at least one more search rule that routes to CUCM other than the one you showed above since the MX call is routing there with the domain rather than IP after the @.

I suggest looking at the search history on the VCS that the endpoints are registered to - place one call from a working unit and then place the same call from the MX and compare the info in the search history and perhaps also the event log. You'll see something different that should point you in the right direction.