cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to set a delay after a Unity Connection Call Handler Greeting

Chadster766
Level 1
Level 1

How do you set a delay after a Unity Connection Call Handler Greeting?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can use an audio editor to insert a couple seconds silence at the end of the audio file I usually use Goldwave. The other option that you have is to increase the wait for additional digit timer under caller input it is set to 1500 milliseconds increase it to 4500 see if that long enough.

View solution in original post

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chad,

If you are trying to give callers enough time to make caller input decisions I've always used "times to re-prompt = 1 plus a 30 second cushion time" but if that doesn't work for you, then you can use ATM (Audio text manager) from the great suite of Unity Tools to insert silence into a recorded greeting as well. I would highly recommend using ATM for building all of your call handlers anyways as it's a far superior interface over the standard SA.

And it's free to boot :)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/Help/ConnectionAudiotextManager.htm

This is a fantastic tool as are all the tools from Jeff & his team.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dwayne rattan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

You can use an audio editor to insert a couple seconds silence at the end of the audio file I usually use Goldwave. The other option that you have is to increase the wait for additional digit timer under caller input it is set to 1500 milliseconds increase it to 4500 see if that long enough.

I was hoping there was a Call Handler Greeting setting somewhere for that.

With the Goldwave software how do you add the couple of seconds of silence?

Well I purchased Goldwave audio editor and pouched my Auto Attendant greeting. It's sucks because that is a busy Call Handler and calls weren't routed properly.

Whenever I try to upload a audio file to the standard greeting (doesn't matter which browser) I get a SSL error and then a failed to update user name error. Then the call handler reverts to some old testing greeting.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chad,

Just to add an alternative to the good idea from Dwayne (+5)

You can use this section under the Greeting page to achieve this;

During Greeting

Ignore Caller Input
Allow Transfers  to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers
Times to Re-prompt Caller
Delay Between Re-prompts* seconds

You can use re-prompt = 0-x

Delay = number of desired seconds (pause time*)

Cheers!

Rob

I had tired that but we want a re-prompt of 0 which doesn't trigger the delay.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chad,

If you are trying to give callers enough time to make caller input decisions I've always used "times to re-prompt = 1 plus a 30 second cushion time" but if that doesn't work for you, then you can use ATM (Audio text manager) from the great suite of Unity Tools to insert silence into a recorded greeting as well. I would highly recommend using ATM for building all of your call handlers anyways as it's a far superior interface over the standard SA.

And it's free to boot :)

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/CxN/ATM/Help/ConnectionAudiotextManager.htm

This is a fantastic tool as are all the tools from Jeff & his team.

Cheers!

Rob

Wow the ATM does it all.

I might go with a simple audio editor because we don't have many Call Handlers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: