Views
Helpful
Replies

SG220-50P POE Switch Crashing Every Few Days

williamcallahan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We purchased (and since returned and replaced, thinking the original was defective) an SG220-50P POE Switch, and both have continuously been powering down regularly since purchase. 

Both firmwares, the standard installed 1.0.0.17 and the updated 1.0.0.19 have no effect on reducing the crashing/rebooting.

We have 8 regular VoIP PoE phones that had been previously connected to an SG200-50P for over a year without crashing/losing power once. 

What could be causing these reboots? Power supply is clean, no other devices lose power, and the switch has been connected to a switch or directly to the outlet with the same result. The SG200-50P has stayed connected for the same duration without ever losing power, and the same with every other electronic connected to the same UPS/power supply.

A call to telephone support went absolutely nowhere. Any hope?

1 Reply 1

tmadeshw
Level 1
Level 1

Hello William

Thanks for contacting Cisco support community center. I am really sorry for inconvenience caused and delayed response. I do understand your frustration. I will suggest you to update the firmware to latest version (1.0.1.1) and let me know the status to proceed further.

If you need any configuration or any other assistance you can contact our SBSC support teams by using below links

You can contact our SBSC team either via chat or call support with the help of below links:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/4841/online-chat-support

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/web/tsd-cisco-worldwide-contacts.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X