Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch IP address and VLAn IP address acroass switches in LAN

Hello,

I am slightly confused with IP addressing of LAN switch IPs and VLAN IPs for below mentioned condition. Please help.

- I have 3 nos. SG300-28 in my network, one at server room and two at two different departments.

- The server room switch is in L3 mode.

- Two departmental switches are in L2 mode.

- There are four VLANs

VLAN -1 (10.0.7.x),

VLAN10(10.7.1.x)

VLAN20(10.7.2.x)

VLAN30(10.7.3.x)

- LAN switch IP addresses are as under.

SWITCH (1)  L3 switch at server room - 10.0.7.234

SWITCH (2)  L2 switch1 (daprtmental - 1) - 10.0.7.235

SWITCH (3)  L2 switch2 (daprtmental - 2) - 10.0.7.235

- Now when I give LAN switch IP to switch (1), it is automatically become IP address for VLAN 1 as well and is not a problem form me.

however, when I give LAN switch IP to switch (1), that may also become IP address for VLAN 1 in switch (2). However, I have to keep VLAN IP address same for specific VLAN across the LAN. Should I be able to change the VLAN 1 IP address in my switch (2)?

Same is the case with VLAN 1 IP address for switch (3) also. 

Please help.

Also please let me know type of the port I should I select for uplinks  i.e. port no. 23 and 24 of switch (1) which connects port no. 24 of switch (2) and port no. 24 of switch (3). Should I define port type trunk and untagged? Please correct me if necessary.

I am also confused that in which VLAN should I put  these ports which are used for switch to switch connectivity. They will be carrying traffic of all the VLANs. Please help me understand this and oblige.

Thanks and regards,

Jayesh Trivedi

For Lantech Solution

Ahmedabad

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X