cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to check system configuration of SX20 if Touch Panel and Remote is not working

rsankhal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Friends, Would like to know how can we access/check the system configuration of SX20 if we don't have Touch-Panel and Remote Control or they are not in working condition.

I think we can check it from Switch Interface but unfortunately I don't have access of local switch right now.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

option is to have access to local switch  and run " show cdp neighbour details"

or

connect LAN cable to PC/Laptop, run tftpd32 with DHCP pool assigned.Then, u can login to get the config.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

If u know the IP address of SX20, u can either login through Browser or through putty to get the details by running command xconfiguration.

regds,

aman

I agree ! However I don't know the IP Address of the device, it received the IP from DHCP.

Hi,

option is to have access to local switch  and run " show cdp neighbour details"

or

connect LAN cable to PC/Laptop, run tftpd32 with DHCP pool assigned.Then, u can login to get the config.

regds,

aman

Can you explain this option little more "

connect LAN cable to PC/Laptop, run tftpd32 with DHCP pool assigned.Then, u can login to get the config."

1. Where to connect the LAN cable, is it to SX20 or to Local switch ?

2. If I understood correctly, I need to run tftpd32 in CMD but how to identify DHCP pool ?

you need to run tftpd32 on laptop.Connect LAN cable back to back between SX20 and Laptop.

you will get DHCP IP assigned to SX from pool and then, u can login.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman, We only have one LAN port available at back of SX20.

So you want me to do following steps ?

1. Connect SX20 first to the Network.

2. Get the IP from DHCP Pool then

3. Remove the LAN cable connected to wall port which is going to switch .

4. Then connect PC with SX20 using Ethernet cable.

5. Now I should run tftpd32 ? What will happen by following this step ?

Will I get IP from SX20 DHCP pool ? Right ?

you need to follow steps 4 and 5 after connecting back to back LAN cable between SX20 and Laptop on which DHCP is running.

you can refer the attachment.

regds,

aman

Thanks alot Aman, it would be nice option to give IP address from Laptop DHCP pool and then access the endpoint (Seems all kind of endpoints will work in this case)

Thanks a lot Aman, It would be a nice option to give IP Address from our PC to SX20 and then access it.

Even It would work for all other devices too.

Hi,

Apart from getting the IP address from the method suggested by Aman, you can also take serial access to the SX20 codec.

For this purpose, you will need the following serial cable:

CAB-SX20-SERIAL=

Taking serial access to the codec (when IP address is not known or taking SSH or web access is not possible) can also help in various other issues such as:

1) When you're not able to access the codec with the last known admin credentials or forgot admin credentials completely, so you can perform boot breakup to recover password.

2) When you're not able to perform physical factory reset.

Follow these steps to activate serial mode over the Camera control port:

1. Turn off power on the SX – power cord must be left plugged in
2. Unplug camera cable from the SX and connect the serial cable to the camera connector.
3. Point remote control toward the IR sensor (the power button) and push *13#7469, the LED will indicate reception of each click – the LED will turn red: camera connector is now in serial(RS232) mode and the camera will not work.
4. Turn the SX20 on by pressing the power button. The white and red LEDs should both be illuminated.
5. Connect over the serial line with Baud rate 115200
6. When done you need to remove the power cable from the SX20 in order to change the camera connector back to camera operation mode.
7. Replug the camera, power cord and turn the SX20 back on
8. To re-activate VISCA mode so you can use the camera, you must unplug the power cable

Thanks Shefali for detailed Notes. It would help us.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Aman is correct, the only other alternatives to the Touch 10 and remote control is either the web interface or SSH, both of which allow you to get status information, change configuration options, as well as issue commands to the codec. 

I agree ! However I don't know the IP Address of the device, it received the IP from DHCP.