Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Expressway MRA Global Deployment

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I am considering the Global Deployment on Cisco Jabber. I can deploy the localized IM& Presence servers and Expressway servers on the different locations to connect the different CallManager clusters.

Actually, can I deploy the three set clusters on Expressway and IM& Presence servers on US, Europe, and Asia?
Should I define a domain for the global Jabber login? Use the Geo DNS to locate the local Expressway servers? The Geo DNS will detect the user location by source IP address to provide the local Expressway servers to login?
PS: Expressway Cluster need RTT 30 ms, so we would like to use the Geo DNS, right?

How to the IM& Presence servers on the different clusters? Can the Europe IM& Presence servers lookup US / Asia users? Should the same of cluster on all global IM&P servers? or Should set the inter-cluster lookup on IM&P?

How to the CallManager servers lookup the cross cluster users on Jabber auth.? User ILS?

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Correct, ideally you would have a single domain for all users across all IMPs and define all SRVs in the same domain and allow geoDNS discover them based on source IP. IMPs will be integrated together, CUCMs need to run ILS with users properly associated with home cluster on CUCM. You also need to make sure all Expressway Cs point to all of your CUCM, IMP, UCXN nodes across all clusters.

Thx~ ... Any networking requirement on the connection from Expressway-C to the different culsters of IMP servers, the different clusters of CUCM servers, and the different clusters of UCXN servers?

Outside of your expressway clustering requirements where the round trip delay cannot exceed 30 ms, there is no specific latency requirements between EXP-C and unified communications nodes such as CUCM, IMP, or Unity that I am aware of.