cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RV082 gets "confused"

gcarter
Level 1
Level 1

I have several RV082 routers used in a point to point VPN.  One router seems to get confused at times.  The ISP routing is subject to occasional brief drops.  When the service is restored, the VPN does not re-establish itself correctly.  The web interface screens show that it is connected, and the logs show it is connected, but data does not flow over the VPN.  You cannot connect to anything from one end to the other.  Rebooting this router will usually restore the connection properly, but it may take several tries.

Another problem that has come up is that individual ports on the router will also get confused.  The lights indicate they are connected, and so does the web interface, but data will not flow.  Again, rebooting the router will correct the problem.

This unit may work fine for several weeks and then have a problem, or it may have several problems within a day.

The firmware version is the most recent.

I replaced this router with another identical unit.  I downloaded the configuration file from the old unit to my computer, and then to the replacement router.  The new router seems to work fine, not having any of these issues.

The old router is out of warranty.  Does anyone have any idea if this is a repairable problem?

0 Replies 0