Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID Confusion...

devils_advocate
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Each of our locations is separated by partition and each location has multiple DDI numbers.

So here is what we want to achieve...

Each location has a generic DDI that is displayed as Caller ID if the user does not have one specifically set.

As a test I have set the users DN to have an 'External Phone Number Mask' which is their individual DDI
I then configured the 'Calling Party Transform Mask' on the route pattern (which is the generic DDI) and ticked the 'Use calling parties external phone number mask'.

The CLI Presented was the Generic one set on the route pattern with the above settings which is not what I want.

I then removed the Transform Mask from the Route Pattern and the individual Mask on the DN was then presented as the CLI.

Is there a way we can have a generic location based CLI presented at the route pattern level (to apply to everything in that partition) but allow the users to have their own DDI numbers on a per DN basis?

Maybe I am thinking about this the wrong way, any help would be appreciated :)

Ta

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A lot of telcos already do that by default, if they get a ANI that doesn't match what you're assigned, they'll change it to, most usually, the header DID. Have you tried to see if that's your case, or if your telco can do that?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jamie

All our locations route out the same SIP trunk to the provider so we have to specify the Caller ID.

Each location has a separate Caller ID.