cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do I upload a .cop file to CUCM

Scott Hallen
Level 1
Level 1

I need to upgrade one of our SX20's to v.7.3.6. I have downloaded the .cop file from Cisco but now need to upload it to our CUCM. Where do I do this?

3 Replies 3

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Take a look at the "Manage Device Firmware" section of the CUCM 11.5 Admin Guide.  If you're running a different CUCM version than the guide I linked to, that is fine, as the process will be the same.

Shashank Mahajan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can refer to the following document to install the SX20 firmware file on CUCM. Although the document is for Device Pack installation but the steps to install the firmware are almost the same except that it’s not required to reboot the cluster.
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/Devpacks_admin/CMDP_BK_CD82F19C_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-device/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Device_Package_Installation_and_Administration.html#CMDP_TK_I4207BAF_00

Procedure
Step 1   Using your web browser, log in to the Cisco Unified Communications Operating System Administration web page.
Step 2   From the Software Upgrades menu, select Install/Upgrade.
Step 3   Fill in the appropriate values in the Software Location section and click Next.
Step 4   In the Available Software drop-down box, select the firmware file and click Next.
Step 5   Verify that the MD5 has the correct value. Click Next.
Step 6   In the Warning box, verify that you selected the correct firmware and click Install.
Step 7   Check that you received a Success message.
Step 8   Restart the TFTP service.
Step 9   Reset the device to upgrade the device to the new firmware load.

This needs to be installed on all nodes in the CUCM cluster followed by restart of TFTP service.

Shefali Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Scott,

Steps to be Followed:

1.  Download an FTP Server Solution (like FileZilla Server Interface) and add a user onto it with a shared folder (a folder where you've kept the downloaded software package). On FileZilla, ‘Edit’ -> ‘Users’ -> ‘Add’.

2. Now, login to the Cisco Unified OS Administration page and then select ‘Install/Upgrade’ option from the Software Upgrade section.

3.  On the Software Installation/Upgrade page, provide the following details and then click on ‘Next’:

a)  Source: Select Remote Filesystem option.
b)  Directory: A forward slash (/) as we have already mentioned the file path in the Shared Folder option of the FTP Server.
c)  Server: This will be the IP Address of your FTP Server. This can be obtained from the command line of your PC. (Use ipconfig command)
d)  Username: Provide the username created on the FTP Server.
e)  Password: Provide the corresponding password created.
f)  Transfer Protocol: Select FTP option.

4.  Select the device package which needs to be uploaded and click on ‘Next’.

5.  You will see the download in progress as shown below:

6.  As soon as you get the File Checksum Details, again click on ‘Next’. The progress can be seen on the Installation Log as follows:
(This will take 10-15 mins)

And at the end of the device package upgrade, you will see the following lines in the Installation Log:
xml DSN=ccm_super /usr/local/cm/db/xml/xml
installXml rc[0]
enablenotify dsn[DSN=ccm_super]
enablenotify rc[0]
installdb Success[-x]
[16/05/25_13:45:14] locale_install.sh: Successful final run of installdb
[16/05/25_13:45:14] locale_install.sh: Successful running of copstart for /common/download//cmterm-devicepack10.5.2.14068-1.cop

7.  After this, login to the Cisco Unified Serviceability page and Select Tools -> Control Center Feature Services option. Now, select the Cisco TFTP option from the CM Services section and restart the TFTP Service. (Again, this will take 10-15 minutes to restart the service).

You can verify this installation by logging into the Cisco Unified OS Administration page and selecting Show -> Software: 

Thanks,

Shefali Sharma

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: