cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Screen layout / protocol for various call types

bluedodd1973
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone have an up to date document that shows screen layouts between endpoints.

eg , what does mx300 see when being called by a IX 5000, how this changes if we call into TP server.

also for each call what protocol is being used?

Am I correct in saying 3 screen to 3screen would always use TIP, but if calling single screen revert to SIP.

finally if this is the case then how does B2B calls using VCS work with 3 to 3 screen. I didn't think they supported TIP?

thanks

1 Reply 1

Nil Laskar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I don't think there is any readily available document for all the layouts. However, a call between MX300 and IX5000, on MX300 it should see the loudest speaker in a point to point call.

If the call is hosted on TPS, then it's the TPS which decides the layout. Whatever the layout configured for the template, it should show to all the participants.

TIP is used to identify how many segments the endpoint can support. TIP is standard protocol and where as both the endpoints can support MUX, it'll use that only. However, for both TIP and MUX, the base line protocol for the call will always be SIP if it's SIP call.

For B2B  calls, using VCS for 3 Screens are normally uses H323. For example T3 systems. But for CTS 3000/ TX9000 devices they are not registered to VCS. This is mainly registered to CUCM.

Regards

Nil Laskar.