cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

can we add multiple extensions on single cisco phone? and single extensions on two ip phone?

i am using BE6k solution so for this can we add multiple extensions on single cisco phone? and single extensions on two ip phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

chintankothari101991,

No problem. Some examples of multi-line phones are as per the below table. The list is a mix of SCCP and SIP phones. I'm sure there are many more, but these are the most common I've seen.
 Phone Model
 Number of Lines
Cisco 7821
2 Lines
Cisco 7940G
2 Lines
Cisco 7960G
6 Lines
Cisco 7970
8 Lines
As for the last bit, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. Do you wish to configure multiple extensions on one phone?

Thanks,
Luke

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Luke Oxley
Level 1
Level 1
chintankothari101991,

Thanks for your post. These questions you have somewhat depend on what phone models you are using.
  1. If they are multi-line phones (I.E, phones that have multiple line keys and can be assigned more than one extension) then yes you can assign multiple extensions to one phone and it will ring when each extension is called. Please note: A) If you have a single line phone, there is a work around we can use to direct calls from multiple extensions all to one particular phone however it is not best practice and is not a very graceful solution. B) Certain model phones can be assigned multiple extensions, but can still only have one single primary extension. This is the extension that is on line key 1 and the phone will dial out from this extension by default.
  2. Yes you can assign the same single extension to multiple phones. When the extension is dialled, it will ring all the phones it is assigned to will stop when one of them answers the call.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful.

Regards,
Luke

Hi Luke Oxley,

Thanks for your reply.

please can you give example which are cisco multi-line phone.

and when we configure multiple extensions on this phone and can this phone get ring on any extensions.

can you provide the procedure how to perform this.

chintankothari101991,

No problem. Some examples of multi-line phones are as per the below table. The list is a mix of SCCP and SIP phones. I'm sure there are many more, but these are the most common I've seen.
 Phone Model
 Number of Lines
Cisco 7821
2 Lines
Cisco 7940G
2 Lines
Cisco 7960G
6 Lines
Cisco 7970
8 Lines
As for the last bit, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are asking. Do you wish to configure multiple extensions on one phone?

Thanks,
Luke

Yes I wish to configure multiple extensions on one phone ..what is the best way to do it?

Multi-line phone get ring on any extensions that configured on that it is not like one extension is active other will be in standby mode right? 

chintankothari101991,

There are a few ways to do this and it depends on how your system is setup as to which way it is done.
Do you use extension mobility? A good way to know whether you do or not... do people need to log their extension in/out of their phones or is it statically assigned?

Kind regards,
Luke

yes,I want to statically assign extensions.

statically assigning extension means phone can get ring on both extensions in active manner . am i right?

chintankothari101991,

Correct. If you go to Devices>Phones and find the phone in question by its name/MAC address, you'll be able to go in to the device settings and along the left hand side add a new "line" or "DN". Remember to save and click restart once completed.
I hope that helps.

Kind regards,
Luke Oxley

its not showing up on my 7962 ip phone after configuring second line though it says registered on cucm 

Awad Mohammad
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: