Views
Helpful
Replies

using hunt groups and mobility

gunguy7007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

Currently we use shared extensions throughout the company.  I am working to move all of this to hunt groups, the problem I have is a lot of people use mobility (single number reach).  We do not want hunt group calls to go through to user mobile phones.  Has anyone found a working setup for this?  Thank you in advance.

13 Replies 13

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the call is extended to a line group member which has SNR configured, call will be extended to the number configured under Remote Destination. That is working as design.

HTH

JB

If I read your reply correctly, we are wanting to block hunt group calls from going to the remote destination.  Would only want direct extension calls to go to the remote destination.

That is not possible with existing CUCM design at this point.

JB

I have not dealt with translation rules much at all, but wondered if there was a way to block say hunt group 5555 from passing to the remote destination.

what is the call flow, when the call will be made through RD

example RD - CUCM -- SIP Trunk --- CUBE -- SIP Trunk ITSP.

JB

I'm sorry, very new to this, but believe they go out our local PRI since they are local numbers.  Sorry if that doesn't make sense.

That makes sense, but what is the protocol that gateway talks to CUCM

SIP\H323\MGCP

JB

h.323

To best of my knowledge, it cannot be done.

JB

Thank you for the help.  

Happy to help,

JB

mikeleebrla
Level 1
Level 1

If I were you I'd create another Directory Number (DN) on each of these users' phones and put that DN in the Hunt group.  Leave the users' existing DN as it is with Single Number Reach (SNR) configured on it. 

This way, when a call comes in to the Hunt Pilot, it will reach the users new DN which is mapped to the Hunt Pilot, but is not set up for SNR.

If a call comes into the users existing DN and they don't answer, SNR will kick in for this line only.

That is a great idea.  Was hoping to not use the dual extensions, but it may be the only way.