Helpful
Replies

Downloading MoH files for Pub to Sub

Yort Mantup
Level 4
Level 4

** I only needed to download the .alaw file not all four.  Thank you! **

Hi,

Ran into an issue where MoH was intermittently not working.  Just silence.  I found the Subscriber (1 Pub and 1 sub) did not contain any of the MoH files in the MoH audio files list.  

There are no copies of the MoH files that can be found so I need to download from Pub and upload to sub.

My question is when I view the files on the PUB (file list activelog mohprep).  Each file has 5 entries.  alaw, g729, ulaw,wb and an xml.  Which one should I download and install on the Sub?

Thanks!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends on the codecs in use. You can go to System > Service Parameters > your CUCM > Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App > Supported MOH codecs to see the codecs that your MOH server will stream. If you have 4 MOH files for each source, it sounds like all codecs are supported. I would copy all to the other servers.

Brandon

View solution in original post

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply download the MOH file with extension alaw.wav and upload it to the subscriber CM. After the upload is complete, CM should automatically create the remaining copies of that MOH file on its own, hence no need to upload all of them individually.

Regards

Deepak

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Depends on the codecs in use. You can go to System > Service Parameters > your CUCM > Cisco IP Voice Media Streaming App > Supported MOH codecs to see the codecs that your MOH server will stream. If you have 4 MOH files for each source, it sounds like all codecs are supported. I would copy all to the other servers.

Brandon

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can simply download the MOH file with extension alaw.wav and upload it to the subscriber CM. After the upload is complete, CM should automatically create the remaining copies of that MOH file on its own, hence no need to upload all of them individually.

Regards

Deepak