cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Send Caller to the Voicemail of the Main IP Phone's DN?

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hello All,

CallManager: v10.5(2)

I have a Cisco IP Phone 7962 with about 3 or 4 DNs configured on it. The first line on the phone is my Main line in which I have a voicemail box configured for in Unity Connection.

My 3rd line is my DID line so I can be reached directly from external callers... So what I was hoping to find out was, is it possible to have missed callers of my DID line (*or any other line for that matter) be sent to my Voicemail Box of my Main line?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in Advance,
Matt

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If those DNs do not have their own mailbox, you can simply configure them as alternate extensions in the main line mailbox.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If those DNs do not have their own mailbox, you can simply configure them as alternate extensions in the main line mailbox.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In addition you need to set the Service Parameter 'Message Waiting Lamp Policy' to 'Light and Prompt' in order to get MWI indication when the call is forwarded from non-primary line.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matt,

Let's say the user has numbers 7005,8450 & 7777 but we want only one mailbox @ 7005. There are a couple of ways to do this.

In CUCM go to> Feature> Voicemail> Voicemail Profile and  create a new Profile called XXXX (whatever name you want) with a  Description called "XXXX username Mailbox" the Voice Mail Box Mask will be 7005> Save

Then  via CUCM go to the Users Phones> under Directory Number Config for 8450> Voicemail Profile and change to XXXX (created previously in  above steps)>Update>Reset

Then apply the same Voicemail profile to 7777 and any other numbers you want to tie to the main mailbox @ 7005

Now when calls route via forward to Unity Connection from 8450 or 7777 they will reach the Mailbox @ 7005.

Or in Unity Connection set up Alternate Extension so that 8450 is an Alternate Extension for 7005 etc. as Java nicely noted (+5)

Cheers!

Rob

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Hey Guys,

Thank you all for the replies, very much appreciated!! Lots of great ideas.

Ok, so it sounds like the Alternate Extensions setting in Unity might be the easiest method to try first. So I'll give that a shot and I'll post back shortly...

Thanks Again,
Matt

Matthew Martin
Level 5
Level 5

Ok, Perfect! The Alternate Extensions was exactly what I was looking for....

Thanks AGAIN guys for the help, very much appreciated!

Thanks,
Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: