cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber for Windows does not recognize Video device

Doug
Level 1
Level 1

Was using Jabber for Windows (11.7.0 build 42920) (Win 10 version 1607 build 14393.51).  Jabber was using my laptop's built in webcam and I decided to switch to an already connected Logitech C930e.  When I went into the options page and did this all I got was the spinning wheel and that is all it will ever do now.  I have removed all Jabber products, any remnant of it from the hard drive and the registry.  Re-installed and it still does the same.

Not sure where to go or what to try next.  Tried Skype, and Skype for Business and they work without a flaw, both webcams are perfect.  And yes, I have closed those programs and tried Jabber, but still does not work.

Any thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

i think i have a solution to your issue now. Windows 10 anniversary update seems to have caused this issue by duplicating the encoding of MJPEG or H264 video stream.

Apply this below workaround.

1.  Add a the following registry entry.
 2. HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform,
3.   Create a new DWORD key named: "EnableFrameServerMode" and set the value to “0”

refer the below link as well :)

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/76719/microsoft-broken-millions-webcams-windows-10-anniversary-update

Please confirm if this resolved your issue.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

once you go to the options menu in jabber , do you see video option there ? try selecting it and check whether it shows logitech camera or not.

i would suggest you to add the below parameter in jabber-config xml file and then check,

<video_disabled>false</video_disabled>

I see a jabber-config-defaults.xml file, but I am unable to find one named just jabber-config.xml.

check in cachedtftpconfigstore file

That parameter is already in that XML file

do you have any other logitech camera to try with. also are all the drivers updated on the machine for logitech camera ?

i checked the below link but was unable to find c930e camera in it.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/unified-communications/uc_endpoints_accessories.html

I will look for something else, but that would not explain why the built-in webcam does not work, since it does the same thing.

Thanks for response and feedback. I would suggest you to open a TAC case so that an engineer can verify and comment better why logitech c930e is not working jabber 11.7.

It was not just the Logitech webcam, even the built-in webcam on the laptop will not work with the newer version.  I will look into the TAC case option.  Thanks for your help.

i think i have a solution to your issue now. Windows 10 anniversary update seems to have caused this issue by duplicating the encoding of MJPEG or H264 video stream.

Apply this below workaround.

1.  Add a the following registry entry.
 2. HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows Media Foundation\Platform,
3.   Create a new DWORD key named: "EnableFrameServerMode" and set the value to “0”

refer the below link as well :)

https://www.thurrott.com/windows/windows-10/76719/microsoft-broken-millions-webcams-windows-10-anniversary-update

Please confirm if this resolved your issue.

Thought I had tried something like that, but I guess I did not.  This seems to have fixed the issue.  Thank you.

So, after trying different webcams, I gave up and started uninstalling, and going back and installing older versions of Jabber.  Once I got to 11.5.2, build 31411 both integrated and Logitech webcams started to work again.

So it appears the newer versions of Jabber break the video in Win 10.  At least in version 1607 build 14393.51.

ricardopayao32
Level 1
Level 1

Worked instantly after registry edit and jabber restart.

Jabber 11.6, Windows 10, HP 4310 Webcam

Thx ;-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: