Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WebVPN websockets

Hello All,

Has anyone had to troubleshoot the clientless SSL VPN portal?  A few team members make use of the Slack messenger client and would like it to function through the webvpn.  At the moment, the page beings to load and the chat rooms begin to populate, but there is never bidirectional communication.  The webpage notices there is a connectivity issue with the websocket connection and reports an error about the stability of the websocket.  It is possible to replicate the issue by going to https://www.websocket.org/echo.html and using their test applet.  Outside of the webvpn, the applet works fine, and when using the webvpn it fails to connect.

Thank you

3 Replies 3

Vishnu Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Please check if you have smart tunnel enabled in your profile or not. If not, then do try after enabling it. 

Either you can enable smart tunnel for all traffic or you can also refer to this document for enabling smart tunnels: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/security/asa-5500-x-series-next-generation-firewalls/111007-smart-tunnel-asa-00.html

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Hello,

Thank you for the suggestion.  The issue with smart tunnels is that they don't work on Mac OSX, and they don't seem to work with Java 8 latest patch on Windows 10 64bit.  If you're familiar with getting smart tunnels to work with the latest Java release on Windows 10, I would appreciate  some tips.

Hi NE,

Thanks for your prompt response. You did not share the detail about the machines whether it is OSX or any other machines. Yes I know that ST doesn't work with MAC OSX and there is an enhancement request open for the same. The enhancement request id is: CSCuo66449.You can enroll yourself to this enhancement request so that you stay updated about the progress being done on this. As the status is marked as open which means it is being worked upon at the moment.

Thanks,

Vishnu