cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA122 - clear out old config during provisioning

richieroo
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of SPA's that I need to provision on a new Sip and provisioning server. 

My only option is to add the new provisioning server details to the"old" provisioning server profile and force a resync.  This works, the SPA's provision on the new server however there is some issue (im guessing with an old setting) and the phones wont register.

In my lab, the new profile only works/registers successfully if I first factory reset the device.  Its like something is still in there from the old profile preventing me from doing this on the fly.

I'm wondering if there is a way I can include something in my new or old provisioning profile to first clear out all the old settings in hopes that the new profile will then work without the need of a factory reset.   I dont have this luxury as all of these units are in various locations around the world.

By the way, im using HTTP provisioning in both cases.

Thanks!

1 Reply 1

Dan Lukes
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
 there is a way I can include something in my new or old provisioning profile to first clear out all the old settings

Yes and no.

New provisioning is considered incremental all the times. Thus phone with unknown current setup can be turned into phone with known configuration by "full provisioning" only. Saying "full provisioning" I mean provisioning with every option known to current phone's firmware set to a value according your wishes.

Unfortunately, no "lazy man solution" is possible here - you can't begin your provisionign file with complete set of options with factory default values followed by subset of options with values of your choice. Options must not be duplicated in provisioning file - your phone may enter never-ending reboot loop as the result.